Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: X792 Supplies

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

X792 Supplies

Anyone know a remanufacturer or supplier for the 6K black toner cartridge. I know about ALX. OEM is just ridiculous.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: X792 Supplies

I can find no aftermarket anything for this machine, and besides, never ever use aftermarket toner on a color machine.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Never? That's ridiculous. I've been selling generic color toners for HP, Canon, Xerox for years.

Quote Originally Posted by yormets View Post
    Never? That's ridiculous. I've been selling generic color toners for HP, Canon, Xerox for years.
    That's great. Keeps people like me in business. 90% of the time, when I get a call for smearing colors, leaking toner or other similar issues, I will open the machine and find remanned toners. OEM Lexmark stuff is crappy enough, I can't imagine remanned Lexmark. Wait, I can. I had one customer found aftermarket toner for an X734. The mag roller locked up and took out the drum. So I tell my customers to use it if they want to pay me to clean up the mess. Last week a customer gave me 6 unopened aftermarket cartridges for an hp 3600 after he had to pay me to figure out why his print quality went to shit.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

So who is complaining? If I have a cartridge problem I replace it for free no questions asked. A set of color cartridges OEM for a Canon 8380 are over $500.00 I retail mine for $199.00 a set and make a killing. I love you guys who never want to sell supplies or visit your customer. When you save your customer over 50% of cost of operation, make money, and service with a smile whenever there is a problem, you build RELATIONSHIPS that last for decades. Can't wait to save your customers tons of money and make huge profits for myself selling them SERVICE and supplies. Do you work for Lexmark? They should be paying you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by yormets View Post
    So who is complaining? If I have a cartridge problem I replace it for free no questions asked. A set of color cartridges OEM for a Canon 8380 are over $500.00 I retail mine for $199.00 a set and make a killing. I love you guys who never want to sell supplies or visit your customer. When you save your customer over 50% of cost of operation, make money, and service with a smile whenever there is a problem, you build RELATIONSHIPS that last for decades. Can't wait to save your customers tons of money and make huge profits for myself selling them SERVICE and supplies. Do you work for Lexmark? They should be paying you for your support.

No, I mainly work for Army Special Operations Command. Having a location down because I market crappy toner is unacceptable. That is a quick way to lose my customers. Giving good solid advise to them is how I build relationships. It is why a lot of them will pay me to work on stuff that is under warranty. May explain why after both of my contracts were awarded to other brands, which was a decision made at a higher level that had nothing to do with service, I still have enough paying business to keep me occupied week after week. Lexmark doesn't pay me. The people that bought their crappy x792's pay me every week, despite the machines being under warranty from Lexmark.

Is anybody else out there a fan of aftermarket color toners?

Be sure and check out the thread I started to ask experienced techs what they think about it.