Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Lexmark MS811 maintenance kit message

1 of our customers has a couple of these printers and they are saying 1 of them is asking for a maintenance kit. We looked at the same machine a few weeks ago and it had 45,000 total pages on the printer.

I was trying to look up the yield for the roller kit but can't find any numbers for that...I believe the maint kit is 200k. Maybe it is the same? I have the reset info so I might just reset it and see what happens.

I recall a couple of the HPs doing that with the maintenance kit messages...downloaded firmware for USB, may update the firmware too after checking what type of supplies they are using. The readme notes
    had a comment about OEM supplies.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

Re: Lexmark MS811 maintenance kit message

Maintenance kit Yield : 200K Prints. Then, code 80.30 appears on display. I cannot see a manual reset procedure, nowhere...,
    but if you have that info, how to reset the counter, please do share...

There are 2 resets on this one...

1. Reset Roller Kit Counter

2. Clear Supply Usage History

Power printer on and press and hold the #2 & #6 Buttons for approximately 10 seconds..That will get you into the "config menu" Hope that helps..

Turns out the meter or print count we were looking at on the printouts was for 1 of the emulation counts, The total count was close to 192,000 I believe at that time when we looked at some of the other pages (1 of the pages had the firmware version on it and the total count).

I believe the reset I found was for the roller counter and not the maintenance kit...ended up just ordering the maintenance kit and everything was normal.