Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Lexmark xm3150 repair note.

Working on replacing a scanner assy a tech had remove from this machine today. reinstalled the scanner and would not power on. when removing the scanner the difficult way, i.e entire scanner and not ccd alone, you have to remove the control panel.
    Anyway i removed the control panel and connected it from outside the machine and it powered up and print fine. The cause. the control panel and and scanner wire harness has two ground wires which you connect with a screw on the mainboard. around that hole has tiny resistors or cpas. now this connector makes contact and shorts off therefore no power. reorienting the ground not to touch solve this problem. i had this before as i changed board on these machine before and forgot that cause this problem, but it quickly came back . you see, something this simple could cause replacing a perfectly good board. also you would remove connectors and reinstall but would not really think about the ground connection as it look innocent enough. just a heads up for those who may encounter.

ONE MORE NOTE , for those who are not familar. You cannot replace boards that contain nvram from another machine with your current one. you would get nvram mismatch error and can cause major headeaches and expense. use to be that you could do this providing that you install only one board with nvram at a time and power on in diagnostic mode to troubleshoot and see which board was at fault. but i think lexmark has change that with a new policy now. i will have to look up and post. maybe lexmark techs out there can shed some light here.

lexmark are great machines, but are not too service friendly untill you are familar with the teardown and quirks. Their pm kits usually last their cycles.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Lexmark  xm3150   repair note.

Re: Lexmark xm3150 repair note.

Thanks for sharing subaro. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=