Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    17

    Exclamation C950 Print Defect

    Hi Everyone,


    I have a Lexmark C950 with the following print defect. C950.JPG

    The black developer, developer cartridge and drum have all been replaced. It should be noted when each one of these was replaced the problem went away for a bit but then came back.

    Does anyone have any thoughts? This defect only shows up in black print, none of the colours do this.


  2. #2
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lutherville, MD
    Posts
    346
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: C950 Print Defect

    Were all of the items genuine consumables?

    I have read here about Lexmark consumables being faulty out of the box A LOT.


  3. #3
    Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: C950 Print Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Were all of the items genuine consumables?

    I have read here about Lexmark consumables being faulty out of the box A LOT.
    The Drum and developer is OEM. The Toner the customer is using is a compatible. The customer has two of these units so, I'm able to swap drums to eliminate them as the issue.

    The developer unit was also changed (Before it was changed this defect was worse it printed these random dots on the white part of the page no matter what. Now it on'y prints within the black print).

    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: C950 Print Defect

    This is a common problem in developer units.


  5. #5
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts trc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: C950 Print Defect

    Thatīs a Fuji Box.....color Boxes donīt like compatible consumables!!


  6. #6
    Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: C950 Print Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by trc View Post
    Thatīs a Fuji Box.....color Boxes donīt like compatible consumables!!
    If it was the compatible toner would we not be seeing it across the whole print page? Why only on the edges?


  7. #7
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: C950 Print Defect

    I don't know how those are set up--are the toner cartridges actually developer units? If so, just change the black one. If not, you might have to replace both the developer and toner, because bad toner leaked in and might have contaminated the developing unit.


  8. #8
    Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: C950 Print Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I don't know how those are set up--are the toner cartridges actually developer units? If so, just change the black one. If not, you might have to replace both the developer and toner, because bad toner leaked in and might have contaminated the developing unit.
    This machine is setup very similar to a copier. Toner comes in its own cartridge and feeds down a pipe into the developer unit. Drum unit is simply a Drum and PCR unit combined (no toner).


  9. #9
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Bend
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: C950 Print Defect

    Don't give too much thought to what the problem was before and what the problem is now. The fact is, they're two different problems. You probably fixed the first problem, and now you have another one. This looks to me like a developer issue. If you change the developer (with a new one--not one from another machine) and it goes away, then you're good. If it comes back, it's because of the toner, and you'll have to change the developer again, while also changing the toner.


  10. #10
    Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: C950 Print Defect

    Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Don't give too much thought to what the problem was before and what the problem is now. The fact is, they're two different problems. You probably fixed the first problem, and now you have another one. This looks to me like a developer issue. If you change the developer (with a new one--not one from another machine) and it goes away, then you're good. If it comes back, it's because of the toner, and you'll have to change the developer again, while also changing the toner.
    Thanks for your quick response. I thought it was developer but, you get thrown off when the same problem comes back so quickly! Alright I'll also recommend we put an oem black toner in with the new developer unit!

    Would you replace the whole developer unit or just vacuum the developer out of the current unit, (which is only a week old) and put a new bag in? The bags are cheap, lol! The unit not so much .


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here