Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lex XS463DE

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Lex XS463DE

Lex XS463DE

What do you suppose are the chances of me finding a harness wire rubbed through? Can you see it?

XS463DE pickup clutch.JPG

Symptoms? 200.13 and 200.14 jams. After successfully printing off the event log the machine re-booted, and when the engine started up it immediately fed a piece of paper up to the drum, and went into a jam condition ... before it was completely booted up. I thought that was really strange.

After some digging I found the pickup clutch behind the main drive pack. The clutch was connected to the main harness with snap-on crimp connectors, and there was an extra 3" of wire all stuffed into a very small gap between the clutch and the main drive motor.

As luck would have it, the flywheel on the main drive motor rubbed through the black ground wire to the clutch, providing the ground to actuate the pickup clutch.

I cut out the crimps, soldered and shrink wrapped the joints, then tie wrapped the extra wire back up inside the frame. Maybe this will save somebody some searching. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Lex XS463DE

Re: Lex XS463DE

I had to replace this clutch on the X363's in the past. When you get the new clutch, the instructions tell you to use the included crimp connector. Of the two of these I've ordered, I've NEVER gotten this crimp connector. I just did what you did. Soldered and shrink wrap.