Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Another T630 issue - Duplexer this time

Machine not duplexing. Paper comes part way out the output bin, then throws an error of potential jam, check duplexer. Well, duplex tests from the diag mode don't work, I put on a known good duplexer with the same result, checked cabling from J29 on mobo to the bottom connector, looks OK (but my last cheapie volt meter/ohmeter bit it, and I didn't have one with me). Tried another mobo, same result. Seems like the duplexer motor is not turning on, but I know it's a good duplexer. Could it be a short in the cable to the connector? I do see that the connector is daisy-chained to the envelope feeder connector as well. As I say, the wiring looks OK. I'm not sure where else to look other than the wire and the connector itself. Wondering if anyone else has seen a similar issue. Thanks, all!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

uninstall envelope feeder. install duplex unit again and see if it works without envelope feeder.

Technician
    Oops, perhaps you misunderstand. Although I traced J29 to both the bottom and envelope connector, this unit has no envelope feeder on it.