Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Technician
    Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    ATSCopier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    12

    Exclamation Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    I installed a maintenance kit on a Lexmark X658 and entered the configuration menu (2,6+Power) to reset the 80 Scheduled Maintenance. However, the Maintenance Counter Value and Reset Maintenance Counter menu entries are missing at the top. I also tried the Diagnostics Menu (3,6+Power) but didn't find anything there to help. I also tried factory restore. It's on a military base and they have a configuration that I've never seen but when I performed the factory restore I cleared their settings.
    Does anyone know how to get the reset menu back?


  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    Quote Originally Posted by ATSCopier View Post
    I installed a maintenance kit on a Lexmark X658 and entered the configuration menu (2,6+Power) to reset the 80 Scheduled Maintenance. However, the Maintenance Counter Value and Reset Maintenance Counter menu entries are missing at the top. I also tried the Diagnostics Menu (3,6+Power) but didn't find anything there to help. I also tried factory restore. It's on a military base and they have a configuration that I've never seen but when I performed the factory restore I cleared their settings.
    Does anyone know how to get the reset menu back?
    no to enter config menu it's 2+6 and power on

    then reset maintenance counter

    I had to do one on Tuesday


  3. #3
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    if that doesn't work ... hold down check mark and right button and power on


  4. #4
    Technician
    Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    ATSCopier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    no to enter config menu it's 2+6 and power on

    then reset maintenance counter

    I had to do one on Tuesday
    Thanks for the response. I don't have any trouble getting into the config menu. My problem is the menu option to reset the 80 service is missing from the config menu. I know this sounds crazy because I've never seen anything like it. I was planning to update the firmware but I'm hesitant because being the military they may have special firmware.


  5. #5
    Technician
    Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    ATSCopier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    if that doesn't work ... hold down check mark and right button and power on
    I'll try that, thanks


  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    Quote Originally Posted by ATSCopier View Post
    Thanks for the response. I don't have any trouble getting into the config menu. My problem is the menu option to reset the 80 service is missing from the config menu. I know this sounds crazy because I've never seen anything like it. I was planning to update the firmware but I'm hesitant because being the military they may have special firmware.
    3+6+PO is the diag menu... I have looked and I don't see maintenance reset in that menu...

    2+6+PO is the config menu.. that is where the reset is


  7. #7
    Technician
    Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    ATSCopier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    3+6+PO is the diag menu... I have looked and I don't see maintenance reset in that menu...

    2+6+PO is the config menu.. that is where the reset is
    I understand that the reset menu should be in the config menu, my problem is it's not there. The menu should start with "Maintenance Counter Value", "Reset Maintenance Counter", "USB Scan to Local" and so on.
    But the menu starts with "USB Scan to Local"...

    "Maintenance Counter Value", "Reset Maintenance Counter", do not appear anywhere in the config menu. Because it's a secured area I spend about 20 extra minutes going through security every time I go out so that adds to the frustration. Thanks again for the input.

    Last edited by ATSCopier; 10-06-2017 at 08:18 PM.

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    Quote Originally Posted by ATSCopier View Post
    I understand that the reset menu should be in the config menu, my problem is it's not there. The menu should start with "Maintenance Counter Value", "Reset Maintenance Counter", "USB Scan to Local" and so on.
    But the menu starts with "USB Scan to Local"...

    "Maintenance Counter Value", "Reset Maintenance Counter", do not appear anywhere in the config menu. Because it's a secured area I spend about 20 extra minutes going through security every time I go out so that adds to the frustration. Thanks again for the input.
    sounds like your only recourse is to reflash firmware then to bring those menu options back.


  9. #9
    Technician
    Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    ATSCopier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    sounds like your only recourse is to reflash firmware then to bring those menu options back.
    I'll post how it turns out next week when I go back.


  10. #10
    Technician
    Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    ATSCopier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    12

    Thumbs down Re: Lexmark X658 80 Scheduled Maintenance Reset problem

    I updated the firmware but it still didn't bring back the menu options for resetting the 80 service message. The customer and I gave up, he's going to put a sign on the printer indicating that the maintenance was done and to ignore the message


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here