Lexmark MX410de load paper error

I've got a MX410de that stalls when printing, even from menus. Motors wind up but rollers never turn, then you get a "load tray 1 with letter plain. Of course it is. I've replaced the ACM assembly with trailing edge sensor, tray present sensor (which in the manual is called Media present sensor, just in a different location). Manual tray works just fine. I'm thinking RIP board is next logical solution. Has anyone ran across this before?
    Thank you.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Lexmark MX410de load paper error

Does it make a ticking/clicking sound, maybe? I've currently got a Dell branded MS410 exhibiting the exact same issue. I've fixed this issue before OUT OF WARRANTY. What I've found is the ACM Clutch is bad - 40X8265. I've replaced a couple of these on the X363's. Pain in the ass, but, it fixes it.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I've replaced a few Lexmark pickup clutches also. One thing was clear: the pickup rollers were not turning. You can be sure by making sharpie marks at 3, 6, 9, 12 on each roller. Then watch from the rear of the paper tray during pickup.

We had one particularly annoying machine in the office, that I was quite certain that the one-way bearings were slipping. To prove that point, we took a used pickup assy and glued the one-ways solid to prove the point. Sadly the rollers still did not turn. Once we changed the clutch though, it fed. Curiously, the one-ways are entirely unnecessary. The pickups do hop a little toward the end of the page feeding out, but it does not affect feeding at all.

The Lexmark one-way bearings are a little different than most manufacturers. They will not function if lubricated. You'll notice that they seem to rattle. That's good. They must remain clean and dry to work. It is very easy to lose the individual ball bearings. If you believe that the one-ways have been lubricated you can soak them out in alcohol without disassembly. It's much safer than losing them in the carpet. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

One thing was clear: the pickup rollers were not turning.
    Try explaining that to a Dell 1st (and eventually 3rd level (via the 1st level)) technician!

Those a**es don't know their brain from their a**!!

I eventually took a video of the rollers NOT EVEN ROTATING. They would "urch", but, never rotate.

I hate talking to Dell technical support. The printer in question is the Dell B2360dn (MS410). This is a MONOCHROME printer. Dell asked me for the serial number of the "black" toner, then, proceeded to ask me for the color cartridge's serial numbers! SERIOUSLY!!!! Come on!!!