Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Designjet T730 seems to get confused when printing from roll

This printer loads a roll... only the rewind doesn't seem to work. At least, it's not rewinding... I don't know if the rewind is bad or if that's just a symptom. It prints a couple of inches, then it stops, and gives a message that it could not eject the paper. After I force the paper out, it mentions that the multi-tray is attached. In the diagnostics, I ran the paper rewind motor utility. The gears kind of bumped when I did it the first time. After that, if they moved at all, it was slight enough to where I couldn't see it. So that leads me to thing the rewind motor is bad, but why does it keep going on about the multi tray? I've seen on a T790 where the printer kept doing something similar because it thought that there was a page going through the manual feed, and I made that association in my mind, but maybe it's just a bad rewind motor.

Anyway... does anyone have a manual for this? I can't find one.

And it looks like I'd have to replace the left spindle support in order to replace that motor (P# F9A30-67050) but I can't find one of those for sale either. At least, not here in America.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: Designjet T730 seems to get confused when printing from roll

Not sure how this ended up in the lexmark forum--I'll repost in HP