Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Lexmark MS811 going through fusers

I have a client that has a Lexmark MS811 and they use nothing but MICR toner cause they run checks through the machine. The issue they are having is that they are blowing through fusers. They have had this machine for a little over a month and have about 43k on it. They have gone through 3 fusers so far and they are concerned by this. They switched over from HP 4250. He showed me the fuser and to me it looks like the fuser isnt getting hot enough to melt the MICR toner. So I set him instructions on how to increase the fuser temp but I am worried by increasing the temp it will cause the fuser to prematurely wear out. Anyone come across this or could shed some insight on these fusers and MICR toner.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Lexmark MS811 going through fusers

what error message does it display? so the micr toner smears off the page if you wipe your finger across the text?

Service Tech

If you change the paper type to slow the machine down this could help but the fuser units may not respond well to compatible MICR just like any other compatible. Have they tried using Lexmark original MICR toner cartridges?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redzventures View Post
    If you change the paper type to slow the machine down this could help but the fuser units may not respond well to compatible MICR just like any other compatible. Have they tried using Lexmark original MICR toner cartridges?
    +1 on the compatible MICR toner.

setting paper weight one +thick and do a run of about 10 pages .. adjust ..rinse and repeat

there are a lot of crap compatibles (toner & drums) out there.. ran into them with Lexmark-Samsucks and HP. And YES they can be more headaches than they are worth...

once customers do the "penny math" ie: down time / reprints / pre-mature parts replacement / labors costs / tech calls , they will realize they cost DOES NOT out weigh the benefits.

just my 2 bits worth