Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

Service Engine Software Error

My fellow techs, I have a XC 6152 that is giving me this message, 912.45A Service Engine Software Error, and I can find no way to clear, tried firmware, but cant update while in error, tech support is a joke, hardly understand them, and told it would be passed on to support people, and they will call back, well over 2 hours, and no call back, will go back in the morning, and try again.
    Anyone ever seen this, from what I can gather, it happened after the office's IT dept worked on a computer in the office that the person was not able to print from on any printer, they have a Estudio 5055 c in the downstairs office area.
    Could use some ideas...

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Re: Service Engine Software Error

Quote Originally Posted by vincent64 View Post
    My fellow techs, I have a XC 6152 that is giving me this message, 912.45A Service Engine Software Error, and I can find no way to clear, tried firmware, but cant update while in error, tech support is a joke, hardly understand them, and told it would be passed on to support people, and they will call back, well over 2 hours, and no call back, will go back in the morning, and try again.
    Anyone ever seen this, from what I can gather, it happened after the office's IT dept worked on a computer in the office that the person was not able to print from on any printer, they have a Estudio 5055 c in the downstairs office area.
    Could use some ideas...
    Disconnect the network cable. Reboot. There's a good chance its stuck in an error due to a print job.

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Disconnect the network cable. Reboot. There's a good chance its stuck in an error due to a print job.
    Tried that, and even tried invalid engine mode, nothing so far will clear the code

It has been solved, after talking and emailing tech support, which is got to be the worse I have ever dealt with, they sent me a firmware link, that must be new or not on the site, cause after a few tries, it took the new firmware, in the 346 mode, also known as, invalid engine mode, went through the web page of machine, and did firmware there, it was on 3rd try, it went through and restarted, and came up and ran properly for me.
    I wish there tech support was a bit better at listening to us when we call in,.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Service Engine Software Error

If it's anything like Dell tech support, you can tell them something 3 times and they still won't understand. Real winners!