Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Xs798 bad color

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Xs798 bad color

Hi there, I service a 798 that the color is off when you copy . The color blue is coming out purple, this is the only color that is wrong, I’ve replaced all the supplies and the scanner unit . When you print from computer or jump drive everything looks great . Firmware is updated, I can’t seem to find the problem.lexmark has been called but no solution yet . Any thoughts about this problem ,thanks.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xs798 bad color

Re: Xs798 bad color

Quote Originally Posted by duct tape View Post
    Hi there, I service a 798 that the color is off when you copy . The color blue is coming out purple, this is the only color that is wrong, I’ve replaced all the supplies and the scanner unit . When you print from computer or jump drive everything looks great . Firmware is updated, I can’t seem to find the problem.lexmark has been called but no solution yet . Any thoughts about this problem ,thanks.
    have you tried cleaning the scanner -= OR =- reseatting the scanner cables since replacement?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Xs798 bad color

Re: Xs798 bad color

i know you mentioned you have replaced the supplies. but i have seen bad toner/drum units on these as going bad early or even with 50% usage still left. i deal with it a good deal on these models. it is an issue that lexmark is aware of. so you might trying replacing the correct color toner again. hope that helps.