Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    XM3250 Locked Out

XM3250 Locked Out

I was playing around with the Security settings on my demo XM3250/ Toshiba e478s and I unwittingly turned off all of the permissions for both the Guest & Log In account on the MFP.

The copier still works but I cannot access most of the features on the LCD panel. There is a Lock symbol next to each icon.

How do a perform a Factory Rest to bring the copier back to its out of the box state?

Thanks,

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    XM3250 Locked Out

Re: XM3250 Locked Out

Lucky me! I found the answer posted earlier on this forum. Although the answer below is not for the exact same model both models are similar.

You have to first remove the right side panel. The yellow jumper is easy to spot close to the fan.

The official answer from Lexmark:

Thank you for contacting Lexmark e-Support regarding your Lexmark X466.

To reset the password, we need to reset the jumper which is located on the system board of the printer. With this, you need to open the printer system board to do this. Just refer below for the detailed steps:

1 Power off the printer.
    2 Remove the metal shield covering the controller (RIP) card. If a Kensington lock is installed on the metal shield, remove it first.
    3 Locate and remove the small yellow jumper.

4 Replace the jumper so that it covers the pins adjacent to its original position.

Important! Itis the movement of the small yellow jumper from one position to a different position that triggers the reset. The pins that the jumper covers do not matter.
    Explanation:When the device is powered on for the first time, it labels the current position of the small yellow jumper (e.g., 'position A') as the 'home'position. If, during a power up at a later date, the device detects that the jumper has moved from the 'home' position ('position A') to a different position (e.g., 'position B'), the printer will perform a jumper reset. After performing the reset, the device then will save the second position ('position B') as the new 'home' position.

5 Reinstall the metal shield covering the controller (RIP) card. If a Kensington lock was originally installed, replace and secure it on the card cage.
    6 Power the printer back on. If done correctly, the printer should perform the jumper reset.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    XM3250 Locked Out

Re: XM3250 Locked Out

I was struggling with this exact issue Friday. I found Security Settings on the panel and in the web interface, but I could not seem to change the PIN setting. Thanks. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=