Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Lexmark XC9245 with strange event log & printing issues

Went to an XC9245 yesterday at a customer complaining the copier wouldn't print, checked the network connection and everything was printing fine. I printed the event log summary and around 30 pages from the past 2 weeks came off where it's showing each Photoconductor unit having been inserted around 10 times per day for the past 2 weeks!

Genuine photoconductors have been fitted in the past few months and are currently at 90% and 80%. The event name is 'SupplyInserted', couldn't find anything more about this in the service manual so just wondering if anyone has more info about why this might be happening, I've attached one of the sheets from the event log.

They called again today saying the machine is showing as offline & isn't printing, I've asked them to speak to their IT first before I go out again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Lexmark XC9245 with strange event log & printing issues

Re: Lexmark XC9245 with strange event log & printing issues

I don't know how important it is, but did you notice that there are four Supply Inserted events concurrently at the same time, presumably one for each drum unit? If it were a drum EEPROM, it would only be one occurrence, not all four drums each time.

I'm thinking controller board or possibly power supply. It's also possible that you've got a dead short somewhere taking out the 5vdc to the drum EEPROMS ... but that will not be easy to track down.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Re: Lexmark XC9245 with strange event log & printing issues

That's a good point Blackcat, they're all at precisely the same time so you could be along the right line with what you suggest. Think I'll forward on the event log to Lexmark & see what they have to say, will get back with any info.