Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Auto select of next available paper tray?

Applies to most Lexmarks I play with from T522 to T630. If Tray 1/250 sheet is empty, and Tray 2/500 sheet is filled with same paper size, what do i need to select on printer so it draws from that tray rather than a beep error just because Tray 1 is empty? I usually have default tray as number 1; is there an "auto" I should change it to so it chooses the proper tray for paper required? Thanks...

Jantje

auto switching

If you select same paper type in trays, beside paper size, auto switching is automatically done. Beside that you have to select "auto" in the printer driver and/or in office applications for tray selection.
    succes.

Technician
    Yes, according to the Lexmark manuals if the paper size and type is the same between two trays, they are automatically linked. However, this does not seem to be the case at most sites (banks, generally) that I service. I am frequently asked why when tray one is empty it does not automatically go to tray two. I will have to check settings in the individual PC, but if Lexmark claims "automatically linked" I would think there's nothing more to set. I'm tellin' ya, vampires are causing this

Jantje
    I'm pretty sure the problem is in the printer driver settings, I've seen ity working on at least T630's and 640's.
    Success with it..

Technician
    Thanks. I'm sure I'll see more of these beasts today, I'll look at the driver settings on the pCs....