Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Lexmark t644 need help desperate

I have a customer who has a Lexmark T644
    here is the setup Tray 1 plain 8 1/2 x 11
    Tray 2 label 8 1/2 x 11
    Large capacity tray 3 Label sheet 8 1/2 x11 (two large ups shipping labels)

The problem that they are having is when printing onto the label the print is off to the right by 1/16 of inch and its cutting off the barcode.

I have replaced feed tires,tray 3 paper compensator aka paper feed station and same results does anyone have the service manual they can email me or something or have a possible solution idea.

* Yes im a ricoh tech working on a lexmark dont ask long story but its part of the job*

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts northerntech's Avatar
    i work on these too. and im an ex canon tech long story.... is there not a setting in the print driver for the specific label? 1/16" to the right is that oppisite paper feed

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Looked at the print driver it has the same settings as the other lexmark next to it. That one doesnt have the issue. But this one started doing this and now it seems everything I have done does not work.

1/16 opposite of feed

Jantje
    As far as I understand your problem is there with both tray 2 and tray 3. First thing you should do is try printing this labels frm tray 1. If this is o.k. the problem must be somewhere in the passtrough area of tray 1. In this machine paper must be directed to the left side of the machine where the paper is aligned against a metal plate.

Hope this will help you withe this problem.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RicohTech_TurksCaicos View Post
    Looked at the print driver it has the same settings as the other lexmark next to it. That one doesnt have the issue. But this one started doing this and now it seems everything I have done does not work.

1/16 opposite of feed
    Check the pcl settings for the label trays. I bet one is off by either one line setting or a font size issue.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    * Closed Thread problem Fixed, Enter Diagnostics menu by holding down right arrow,and down arrow power on the machine. From the diagnostics menu scroll down to registration and press select aka BIg check button
    adjusted bottom margin to -7 and had them send normal labels everything align no more problems thank god.

l-tech
    Quote Originally Posted by RicohTech_TurksCaicos View Post
    I have a customer who has a Lexmark T644
    here is the setup Tray 1 plain 8 1/2 x 11
    Tray 2 label 8 1/2 x 11
    Large capacity tray 3 Label sheet 8 1/2 x11 (two large ups shipping labels)

The problem that they are having is when printing onto the label the print is off to the right by 1/16 of inch and its cutting off the barcode.

I have replaced feed tires,tray 3 paper compensator aka paper feed station and same results does anyone have the service manual they can email me or something or have a possible solution idea.

* Yes im a ricoh tech working on a lexmark dont ask long story but its part of the job*
    hold down the go and return buttons power the machine up it will come up to say regisration this is a scanner adjustment top bottom right left adjust this till you line right for the printing that your doing

l-tech

t644 alignment of the scanner

hold the go and return buttons down and power up the unit this will take you into a hidden menu. the diplay will come up to registration push select. this will bring to the adjustment window you will see T for top R for right ect. this operation is setting the scanner alignment if your print is off on the right push select button untill the r flashes us the arrow keys to adjust after you change the number print the registration page check to see if the margine has moved in the right direction just add or subtract from that margin using the arrow keys untill you have moved it the desired space.