Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mushaba

Unhappy E120n All Lights On

Hello guys

My name is Fotis and im a noob to this forum!

I need your help if it is possible for my E120n printer.

When i power on my printer it doesn't take the self it did before and therefore all the lights at the buttons panel (1 green and 4 orange) and the buttons lights are on.

I did not change drum or toner
    I did not make any configuration on the printer
    It was all so sudden.

What do you think it seems to be the problem?

Thanx in advance for your replies ( and please excuse my baaaaad English)

Jantje
    Maybe this will help.:

Solution: All the Printer Lights Stay On and the Printer Does Not Work When Powered On (E120 and E120n Models)
    What you will see
    All the lights on the printer operator panel will come on, and stay on, whenever you power it up. The printer will be unresponsive. Any attempt to print will fail.
    Recommended action
    IMPORTANT! The solution in this article applies only if the lights are on solid. If all the lights are flashing, a service error that requires user intervention is indicated. Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for assistance. See 'Contacting Lexmark' below for contact information.
    StepAction 1If the printer exhibits this condition either when it is powered on or printing, switch off the printer. Let it sit, powered off, for 30 seconds to one minute. NOTE: While the printer is off, please clear any unfinished print jobs remaining on the computer or in the software/network queue. 2Power the printer back on. If it powers up to the ready state, try printing again.
    • If the issue occurs again on power-up or whenever you try to print, the printer will require service to correct the issue. Please contact Lexmark Technical Support or an authorized service center for assistance. See 'Contacting Lexmark' below.
    • If the printer prints successfully, this may have been an isolated incident. Continue using the printer, but observe it closely over the next couple of weeks to see if the issue returns. If the issue does return, power off and on the printer to clear the issue. This is just a temporary measure, however, and the printer may require service to correct the issue permanently. Contact Lexmark Technical Support or an authorized service center for assistance. See 'Contacting Lexmark' below.
    Contacting Lexmark
    If none of the above suggestions resolve the issue or if you need help arranging service, please contact Lexmark Technical Support or a local authorized service provider for additional assistance.
    If you call Lexmark Technical Support for assistance with your printer, please be prepared to describe the problem you are experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you have already taken. You will also need to know the printer's model type and serial number. This information can be found on a label located on the inside of the printer, under the front cover. It can also be found on a label on the back of the printer, next to the on/off switch.
    Please call from near the printer in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving the printer.
    Audience: Lexmark and Partners below
    Explanation of the issue
    If the printer "hangs" at power up with all of the operator panel lights on solid, this is an indication that the ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) did not boot up properly.
    The solution is for the customer to do a "power on reset" of the printer and see if that clears the issue. For example, if the printer boots up to an "all LED solid" state, ask the customer to turn the printer off and back on. This has been shown to work in some instances. If this does not fix the problem, the printer controller card will need to be replaced.
    Part numbers
    IMPORTANT! The part numbers listed below are correct as of March 2006. Please confirm that they are still current and valid before ordering. If the part numbers do not work, please consult your next level of support or contact Lexmark Technical Support for the current part number.
    • 40X1280 - Controller card, E120
    • 40X1281 - Controller card, E120n
    Symptoms:Printer not workingError lightAll lights onAll LED solid on boot-up
    Click here to see the problem environment.</B>

mushaba
    Jantje thanx for your reply.

If my printer controller card is damaged and needs to be replaced i will through my printer and get a new one,i supose this card costs a lot of money.

Is there any other way for me to try either flash this controller card or something else?

Jantje
    Mushaba,

I suppose you tried to power on the machine without an network cable as described above, and the lights are still on.
    The price of a new board varies from $50 to $90, so it is your decision what to do with this printer.

succes,