Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XS658de DF Skew

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Nothing has happened to fix the skewing issue. Haven't found any adjustment or part that helps. Sorry for the lack of good news, but I'm sure your salespeople would never put out a piece of equipment and leave you to "fix" a new machine.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by landspeeder View Post
    Well we are at it...what about those big feet that stick out at the base...that people trip over....and get hurt...I am surprised there has not been any law suits yet......or has there?
    These folks make a great set of alternatives for the Lexmark bases. We have bought several, they are good stuff.
    http://qqcabinets.com/
    Last edited by jdylong; 04-02-2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: guess I should add the link

Service Director
    Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    Nothing has happened to fix the skewing issue. Haven't found any adjustment or part that helps. Sorry for the lack of good news, but I'm sure your salespeople would never put out a piece of equipment and leave you to "fix" a new machine.
    Haha yea right...I told our sales team about this post and the skewing issue and all they did was laugh. We have 2-3 of these machines in our warehouse that are going out in the field in a few days.

shuttle8680
    I just started dealing with this issue and have a couple of question for you guys.

1. has anybody out there just received a "new" one of these and the skew problem seems to be fixed.

2. I have a Lexmark rep coming to my shop to try and modify one of 3 that skew. Has anybody had this done??
    Should I just cut to the chase and have these pos replaced?

These machines were purchased about a year ago. Weird 900 errors and skew. not the greatest equipment.....

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    the 900 errors have been resolved with firmware which u can get from ur lexmark rep, no solution for the skew that im aware of as of yet.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I have found if you print the registration page from diagnostics mode it is skewed as well. Actually not really skew but the image is trapezoid . I have tried all the engine,scanner and df adjustments with no improvement.
    It is really noticeable if the customer prints something then scans it.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bryand View Post
    I have found if you print the registration page from diagnostics mode it is skewed as well. Actually not really skew but the image is trapezoid . I have tried all the engine,scanner and df adjustments with no improvement.
    It is really noticeable if the customer prints something then scans it.

That'll be the printhead skew mechanical adjustment. And thats an asbsolute nightmare to access too, just check out how many steps are involved in the service manual.

RE 900 firmware errors, they are like clockwork when you use fax forwarding to email, ftp etc.. Lexmark have for us released atleast half a dozen special firmware releases in attempt to fix it but it still happens. Atleast once a fortnight we have to go out to the customers that still have these P.O.S machines, reboot, let it run disk repair, then turn off fax forwarding, print off the faxes then turn it back on again. If you dont, it loops every 3 minutes after the disk repair into a 900 error as it "restores jobs" and attempts to forward "corrupt" fax(es). We have tried replacement boards, hard drives etc, countless firmware releases and nothing has ever fixed it. We dumped lexmark like the turd that they are.

I still have an optra-s 1255 personal printer from the 90s thats still working, clearly they used to make decent machines. What ever happend i do not know.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi all,

I just want to confirm that i have this exact problem. the machine has been in the field for about 8mths now however i think the clients have only really just noticed it.

Anyhow, i've done all of those screw DF plate adjustments but it does not work. As Bryand stated, when i do a quick test registration print, my image is skewed slighlty but is also the image is in a trapezoid shape (the skew is a "positive" skew meaning bottom corner of Left hand margin is closer to the edge however the right side of the bottom margin is also further away from the bottom edge of the paper).

When i scan this back the skew and trapezoid is very visable - the copies are worse as a skewed and trapezoid original image is magnified.

I really dont want to do the printhead adjustment cause as PerthKMTech has stated, it is a nightmare.

Anyhow, i'm assuming there is no fix for this? I'm currently waiting on Lexmark level 2 tech support on this. In the meantime if anyone can shed some light it would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar
    Its never been fixed......from what I understand! We have 3 out there still and try to ignore them as much as possible!!
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Lexmark knows that skew is an issue on these boxes. The machines manufactured in the last 12 months are better when copying off the glass or through the df. The engine skew is still present so if you print something then copy or scan it the skew is very noticeable.