Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    browers

900.00 Firmware Error Codes when Printing on Lexmark Printers Using Postscrpt Driver

Gentleman,

While many things can cause 900 rip errors in the firmware, typically 900 rip errors when printing PDF's with postscript driver can be instantly resolved by making a single configuration change in the Lexmark Postscript Driver being used.

There is an option, Disable Postscript Passthrough which should be checked.

Typically this is found in the Printing Preferences, Options, More Options, Postscript, and then you will see Disable Postscript Passthrough. Check this box.

The 900 firmware rip errors will go away.

Adobe applications typically cause this problem. Adobe Postscript may cause issues unless the proper PPD is installed with the Adobe application or this setting is check marked. When this setting is checked, the Postscript Datastream is now intrepreted by the Lexmark Postscript Driver and then passed to the printer. This will also allow the Postscript Print driver to control the finishing properly.

If this setting is unchecked, the Adobe application is now controlling all finishing as the Postscript datastream completely bypasses the print driver. Most users are not familiar with this operation of the application.

When X Disable Postscript Passthrough is checked in the Lexmark Postscript Print driver, all Postscript is properly formatted, all finishing such as tray selection and duplex will be formatted properly, and 900 rip errors will disappear if the error was caused by the Adobe printing typically showing up in PDF printing.

The Motherboard does not need to be changed because of this particular problem if the user is printing PDF's and they are getting 900 firmware rip errors, just change the setting in the Print driver.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    actually this problem has been resolved thanx to new firmware, if only they would have realeased it sooner it would have saved alot of trouble

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Since the release of this firmware all of our x736's have been coding out. I think they knew something. Had one today, updated firmware but still coding out - sys board on order

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    xs658  900.00 firmware error codes

Make sure you use the latest Firmware from the support.lexmark.com website. Not the Partner website from the Virtual Solutions Center. The VSC does not have the lastest firmware as of this week.

For the X65 series you should be using: X65x EC4 (LR.MN.P413a printer firmware) for the X65x family of MFDs.
    For the X73 series you should be using: EC4 (LR.FL.P413a_E110 printer firmware) for the X73x family of MFDs.

Re: xs658 900.00 firmware error codes

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertoast View Post
    has anyone seen this or no of a real solution

every 658 we sell and send out to the field eventually throws a 900.00 error

i have been round and round with lexmark tech support and this is there checklist

1. upgrade firmware. ( problem still persist)
    2. restore base defaults ( this will work for a few weeks to a month then it comes back)
    3. replace system board ( has resolved the issue on 9 out of 10, have had 1 or 2 come back with the code again.)

now when i get the code i just warranty order a new sys board and this seems to do it. but i am sick of replacing system boards everytime we sell a new 658.

anyone know of the real cause of this and a solution.

thanx chad
    i have 2 xs658 that does the same. Both where at same location. They do not print to this machine, it is on the network. The bulk of the machines work is faxing and copying. I get the 900.00 firmware when faxing. The first did this and we took them another and it did the same. Help!!! Tech support says to update the firmware and then replace the fax card and the HDD.