Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    C530 with dirty prints

C530 with dirty prints

Good afternoon, guys and girls.

We've had a prospective customer asking for us to check his Lexmark C530 with dirty copies (apparently toner blotches, but I didn't get the chance to check out a print sample). Since I never saw one of these before, what are the common causes for this?

This particular machine has 17k prints on the counter, and most of the consumables are at midlife, excapt for 3 of the IUs which are at roughly 90%.

Cheers and thanks!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Colorado Copier Solutions djandl's Avatar
    First thing I would do is to get in front of the C530 and print out a menu settings page under Menu, then Reports, the Menu Settings Page. If the internal page is printing badly and repeatedly, that's a good sign. If not, you still might be able to figure it out. Go to the Menu button on the printer and push it. Next go to Help (you will have to scroll down) then go to Print Defects (you will have to scroll down). This will print out the typical defects the printer has. If it is still not one of these. If you can send a picture of the issue by scanning it in somehow. I can look it up in the Service Manual for you.

Colorado Copier Solutions djandl's Avatar
    Also, going to the same Help Menu there is a Print Quality help (7 pages) menu to print. This is also helpful if the printer is not doing a repetitive mark on the page. It has help for things like Gray background, uneven print density, Streaked vertical lines, toner fog or background shading appears on page, ghost images, clipped pages, incorrect margins, skewed print, streaked horizontal lines, print irregularities, print is too dark print is too light, light colorado line, white line or incorrectly colored line, repeated defects, color misregistration, etc.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    C530 with dirty prints

Thanks for the feedback. Turns out the cyan drum is damaged. Also the machine has a slight black background, and I suspect the black drum.

I'm trying to get the drums part numbers in order to fix it.

Thanks and reps to you!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!