Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ducttape n Glue's Avatar

Lexmark x4500 scanner and t632 MFP unit

Hi,
    I am having a problem with a customers Lexmark x4500 scanner / t632 printer MFP unit. The issue is the screen on the x4500 scanner says "Printer communications error" and below it says "Acquiring IP Address from printer" the scanner just stops on this. The printer works when plugged directly into the network wall jack (able to print to it normally), when hooked up to the scanner (the network cable goes from the printer to the scanner and from the scanner another cable go the network wall jack) I no longer have print capability nor am I able to reach the web page interface of the printer.
    Network cables are known to be good. Network port lights on printer and both on the scanner are green and show activity. No errors on the printer. Also worth mentioning is I was called for an adf lamp failure which was corrected with a new optics assembly and now there is this issue.
    Is there a service mode/menu for the x4500? If so how do I enter it? And of course does anyone have any ideas for this problem? Thanks

Lexmark doesn't seem to have any answers. They say it should work...duh, but it don't!!

HDD failure, replaced , all better

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts android790's Avatar
    Thank you for the follow up post. I hate not knowing what happened. I wish more people would post what they found with there machine. Good fix.
    Yes, I am here to fix your machine. No, your machine went out of warranty 18 years ago.

skywalker
    Before complaining do your research.

You could always refresh the HD on X4500 same with X7500.

Upon scanner bootup press and release keypad 1 or 2 continuously. You should get a message on the screen, just follow the instruction.

If it fails the try step 2:

Press 4 for MFP settings then
    Press 1 to restore to factory defaults

Complaints, complaints are for those people who know nothing!

Technician
    So what was going on with mine was the password was actually the printer password. Doing an NVRAM reset on the network interface (T630 w/ network w/o parallel) resolved the issue.

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    Lexmark x4500 scanner and t632 MFP unit

Quote Originally Posted by joako View Post
    So what was going on with mine was the password was actually the printer password. Doing an NVRAM reset on the network interface (T630 w/ network w/o parallel) resolved the issue.
    I do that on one Lexmark Scanner X4500 and a T620, the problem was resolved.
    Thanks for your comment.