Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar

463 replace defective or missing cartridge

has anyone else had a problem with these machines constantly saying replace defective or missing toner cartridge. most the time u can remove and reinstall and it will be fine for awhile. sometime u actually have to replace it.

have cantacted lexmark, but have not received any real solution. was just told bad batch of toner carts and was sent new ones ( they did the same thing) then was sent new machines and they did the same thing.

anyone else with this problem and have a solution????

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Lexmark told us to use a pencil eraser to rub the contacts on the cartridge itself and use a green scotchbrite pad on the contacts in the machine. Its a known problem, but this was their solution. Its worked for us so far.

they had told us to clean with alcohol and try and eraser which didnt work, will have to try the scotch brite the next time it pops up.

skywalker

Wink New code is out to fix this " replace defective or missing cartridge "

A new code is out just recently to fix this error. Tried it to 2 X464 machines, so far so good. Call lexmark and get the code.

what do u mean by new code, we have been in constan contact with lexmak over this issue since we have several in the field and just puchased close to 90 more. and have had no mention of this

skywalker
    I mean new engine code. If you have been in constant contact have you bothered to ask them about the code? And when was your last contact with lexmark? Was this before my post?

are u calling firmware engine code?????

skywalker
    You got it right dude! Call them to get the code. Don't forget to tell them about your issue/error.

People who knows nothing always complain and blame! If you can't fix it do more research and experiment!

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    We have had a couple of those models give that particular error at least once that I know of. Haven't really had a reoccurring issue with the same machine that I'm aware of. At least not yet.. As far as firmware goes, I thought the latest version came out sometime in April. Gonna have to check into this latest version ya'll been talking about. Thanks..