Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    aomco

900 service/Rip software error

I have a lexmark optra T520 with 900 service/RIP software error. The rip board was replace 3 weeks ago and new firmware downloaded any suggestions.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    not familiar with the t520, but there is new firmware out for 658's with this error last i checked was not on the website. call lexmark and ask if firmware level 317 is the same for this machine,

just out of curiousity, what does the display do if you turn the machine off and on. is it a bit faint and does it hang with diamonds on the screen etc. i know the 412's had lvps issues and would throw this error up sometime as a symptom

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts I3FusionGuy's Avatar
    Just re-flash it. Power fluctuations or any number of things can cause them to have amnesia. Check to see if they have clean power, clean dust from the boards, etc.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    If it has an optional paper tray, try disconnecting it. I am not sure on that model, but most Lexmarks have a jumper reset on the main board. As for the 658 firmware, when I called to get it, tech support said the newest version they had was 311. I had to give them the bulletin number to get 317..what a joke.

browers
    In the Postscript Driver, check Disable Postscript Passthrough. To get to Disable postscript passthrough, Right click on the Printer icon, Printing Preferences, Options, More Options, Postscript, Disable Postscript passthrough. Check the box, OK< OK, OK.

You should be able to print without the 900 errors if you were getting those when printing PDF's or using it with Adobe Applications.

Technician
    hi guys i have same problem...and i cant find firmare for this lexmark..can you send me on email matabg@gmail.com