Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Lexmark T642 Multisheet feeding

This machine keeps multifeeding certain type of preprinted paper out of the paper tray, is there any adjustments for this on this printer
    Thanks
    Randy

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    if its preprinted, i would try the letter head setting since they are preprinted, not much logic to this suggestion just a thought.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Agree. I would try setting the type to "letterhead". One of Lexmarks claim to fame is the ability to run all kinds of stock. Plain, bond, colored, custom, letterhead, light, heavy, pre printed, cotton, recycled, card stock, paper and vinyl labels, and transperancies are all supported. This setting is in the paper tray menus.

thanks for the responses, I will give those a try, I am a ricoh/toshiba tech by training so not seeing sep pads or rollers had me a little confused on how it seperates paper

Jantje
    That's right, there are no separation rollers or pads in this range of printers.
    Lexmark calls it an autocompensator mechanism, it automatically adjusts the feed roller pressure to get just enough force to feed a sheet of paper, its an interaction between the resistance of the rollers on the paper and the forces generated by the gears in the autocompensator arm.
    Paper settings have totally NO effect on this mechanism. The best thing to do is to keep the feed rollers as good as can be, sounds strange, but worn rollers can introduce multifeeds, because the pressure of the roller on the paper gets to high.
    If this does not help, you can try experimenting with the position of the clip that holds a light spring. Make a note of the original position, because this is a factory adjustment.

succes.