Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Lexmark T520 LVPS

I had to try this out. I'm still using the same old Lexmark T520. It had been randomly giving 976 Service Engine Comm at random times until finally it wouldn't do anything but 917 Transfer Roll.

I compared service manuals between T520 and T630 and despite different P/N the LVPS have the same pin out and of course the same physical fit.

Swapped the two, and after disappointing results with blank printed pages I discovered a spare transfer roll had made itself into the top flap of the toner. I removed it and lo and behold my trusty T520 prints once more. It's been a week and no issues with the Frankenstein printer. It already had a grey redrive out of one of the T64x printers...

So this leads me to wonder, what does Lexmark change between generations, besides the notches in the toners?

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar
    LOL, not as little as you think. The RIP boards, HVPS and Printheads are not interchangeable. The idea of releasing new printers is to generate income by cutting out remanufacturing of toner cartridges.

I have run into the exact same issue in the past. The PCR roller becomes disconnected from the printer and falls onto the toner cartridge. Easy fix is to put it back