Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lexmark Review?

ike

Lexmark Review?

We are looking into becoming a Lexmark dealer. Any thoughts, suggestions, reviews and WARNINGS would be greatly appreciated. Reliability? Cost? Support? We would be selling MFP and printers.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar

Re: Lexmark Review?

they are giant paper weights. the only good thing about lexmark is that u can warranty parts without question, which u will be doing alot of. and if ur company is like ours u dont want to spend the money on them so every call is rescheduled while u warranty parts. they need to learn to do more field testing b4 releasing the machines to the public. this is just my experice with them, mayb others can chime in with something good. i will say that once u have a series for awhile and u have worked out all the bugs with the machine dealing with lexmark, they run pretty good.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Lexmark Review?

its all about proper placement of the device to fit the customers needs and volume. Put the wrong device in the wrong environment and you will have issues. We have a lot of Lexmarks in the field including a customer who just bought 50 XS658de's and these are replacing there 646de's. I like the firmware updater and application loader, plus the RUI and control panel App is very nice for teaching the customers!!!
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

The first thing to do is learn to speak Hindi as the first 2 levels of tech support are over seas. Firmware, firmware, firmware. The monochrome boxes are good runners but the color can be real troublesome. Toner cartridges can also be hit or miss; a lot of defects and bad ones. The 2 positives are a lot of features for a good price, and they can handle all types of paper.

Technician

Terrible reliability, poor service manuals, repeated calls on devices, design flaws galore. To call them a "giant paper weight" is being kind. I would prefer deep sea boat anchor.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Lexmark Review?

How did you decide on lexmark? Trust me you don't want the headache.