Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Lexmark x854e SMB

The specs say it can SMB scan, but i can't find it in the web interface or in the menu's how to set up smb, I can setup FTP and email fine, but no SMB. Customer doesn't want FTP, so i need smb. Anyone know how to setup smb on this machine?

copierCommando

Re: Lexmark x854e SMB

Ok yes these machines do scan to smb. Im assuming by smb you mean Samba and you are trying to scan to a network share folder?

If the Scan to Network i con is not appearing on menu then you must do a low level factory reset to restore licences. NB this will lose all user settings

To do this you must remover back panel and right beside motor theres a board right in front of you...see it? there shou;d be a switch on this board. With machine off , press and hold switch then turn on machine. If you cant find this switch (i havent worked on these since brand new in '05) then removerhs panel and it will be located there on the tiny green board.

Hope this helps...

If you have trouble then email me on b_aldee@hotmail.com

Regards Barry

Haarlem

Thumbs up Re: Lexmark x854e SMB

Hi mate
    It sounds like you need a bit more info it's really a simple task I can send you a link or even show you if you would like, let me know?

chrisb

Re: Lexmark x854e SMB

In order to scan to network, you have to log onto Lexmark partnertnet website (you have to be an authorized dealer in order to gain access to the site) and deploy the scan to network application to the device. This may require a firmware upgrade and will require a minimum of 256 mb of RAM in order to deploy embedded applications on the device. Hope this helps.