Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 900.80 error

900.80 error

Hi I have a toshiba e450s that is a LEXMARK box that is showing a 900.80 rip software error.Has anyone seen this error and fixed it ?PLEASE HELP I beleive it is a lexmark X642e compatible

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    900.80 error

Exclamation Re: 900.80 error

This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: 900.80 error

Get rid of any print jobs in the machine or in the queue. Turn off and let it sit at least 10 seconds. Lift the ADF lid and check the sensor actuator inside the ADF. If it is stuck or out of line it can give this error. Also, with all Lexmarks, make sure you have the current firmware.
    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

thx for your reply.I have checked the adf sensor and it seems fine also tried to POR several times with no luck.Cannot do firmware it seems that the machine needs to be at the rdy state for me to update the firmware through the web browser.Toshiba had told me to send in the sys board and the interface card that connects the sys to the scan card to be checked.Hope this will fix my problem.

Sys board came back and I replaced it with no luck FML.Mojorolla do you know of any more things I should be looking at?How could I erase everything in printer que if the machine keeps giving me error code.What is unusual is I disconnected the adf from machine and I was able to get into the 2,6 mode I did the reset to factory but when the machine reboots it cannot (Scanner is not connected) .But with the adf connected I cannot get into 2,6 900.80 rip error.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Let me just say off the top, Lexmark are not great machines. I have had several bad sys boards over the past 2 years. As for service modes, hold down 2 and 6 or 3 and 6 until the green progress bar is half full. Most Lexmark also have a yellow jumper on the sys board. Power down the machine, move the yellow jumper over one pin, and reboot. The error is a RIP error, so that is why they want the queue clean at start up. The only other thing I can think of is a control panel, but have never seen it, only read/heard of this. If you can get into service mode, you could try a base reset or the NVRAM but you will wipe out everything as if it were a new install.