Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Service Manager 100+ Posts
    Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    jcontractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Aguadilla, PR
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    17

    Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    Hi,

    I have a lexmark X646 machines witch doesn't communicate through network.
    The building had a electric failure and when the power come back any of the computers doesn't print through net.
    The network is working well.

    The machines doesn't gave any error massages, I don't have any code on the display.

    Is is possible the information at NVRam is corrupted any way?
    I will try to reset the NVRam. Is possible that the machine respond with NVRam Reset?
    Or the main controller is damaged?

    Any comments will be appreciated.


  2. #2
    Service Manager 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    I have seen this a few times on the X646 where it either doesn't boot or locks up as soon as it boots. Try this:


    Turn it off, disconnect the ethernet cable and/or the fax line, turn on and make a test copy.


    If it works make sure to delete any print jobs in the queue at your computer before pluging the ethernet cable back in. If it still doesn't work you probably need to replace the NIC card. It's pretty common for an electrical storm to kill the NIC card on any printer.


  3. #3
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TennWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    Not familiar with the Lexmark machines, but saw your post.

    1. Do your IP Address settings on the Lexmark match the IP Address range with the workstations. It is possible that the Router or IP Address Server is issuing IP Addresses of a different range, after the power outage.

    2. Can you attempt to ping the Gateway from the Lexmark control panel? This may not be an option, but is available on late model Sharps.

    3. I am sure you have already checked this, but look for a light on the NIC Card on the Lexmark. If off, check the cable and for a possible bad port on their network switch. I see bad ports on switches rather frequently in our area of Virginia. Especially, after electrical and ice storms.

    It could well be that Chameleon is right about the NIC, but it might be worth a shot just to check the above.

    I wish you well!

    I thought I was getting wiser as time went on... I now realize I am just getting older.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 100+ Posts
    Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    jcontractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Aguadilla, PR
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by TennWalker View Post
    Not familiar with the Lexmark machines, but saw your post.

    1. Do your IP Address settings on the Lexmark match the IP Address range with the workstations. It is possible that the Router or IP Address Server is issuing IP Addresses of a different range, after the power outage.

    2. Can you attempt to ping the Gateway from the Lexmark control panel? This may not be an option, but is available on late model Sharps.

    3. I am sure you have already checked this, but look for a light on the NIC Card on the Lexmark. If off, check the cable and for a possible bad port on their network switch. I see bad ports on switches rather frequently in our area of Virginia. Especially, after electrical and ice storms.

    It could well be that Chameleon is right about the NIC, but it might be worth a shot just to check the above.

    I wish you well!
    I will check this machine physically on monday, he said that have more than one machine with
    the same problem.
    Is the NIC card integrated to the main controler pcb?
    like in lex t620 the net port is integratef in the main board.
    I saw the part # 43x2722 for main comtroler in x646 and the comm net port is in it.

    Thanks, I will check all your suggestions.
    Any other comments will be appreciated.


  5. #5
    The Wolf 1,000+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    C-town
    Posts
    1,629
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    If the machines were set to DHCP and the network got fried, most likely the IP address has changed. As mentioned above, try to ping the unit. If not, reset the NIC card. If that fails, there is a yellow jumper on the main board. Power the unit down, move the jumper over one pin, and reboot. You could also try a cross over cable and a laptop to hook into it directly.



    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

  6. #6
    Service Manager 100+ Posts
    Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    jcontractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Aguadilla, PR
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    If the machines were set to DHCP and the network got fried, most likely the IP address has changed. As mentioned above, try to ping the unit. If not, reset the NIC card. If that fails, there is a yellow jumper on the main board. Power the unit down, move the jumper over one pin, and reboot. You could also try a cross over cable and a laptop to hook into it directly.

    I try to reset the NVRam holding 6,7 and 8 and turn it on. But it gave me Service 900.00 "Rip Software". The machine stop printing by net after a electric failure. The ligths of the ports are blinking both. I print configurations and test pages without problems. Also my customer can't acess the machine from computers by the machine web page.

    Any comment will be appreciated.


  7. #7
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TennWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    On the print configuration list, what is the IP Address, Gateway, and Subnet showing? It would be nice to see if you can contact the copier's webpage and/or print using a cross-overcable and your laptop. You will need to statically assign an IP Address on your laptop to match the range listed in the Lexmark to successfully contact the copier.

    Let me know how this goes.

    Ray

    I thought I was getting wiser as time went on... I now realize I am just getting older.

  8. #8
    The Wolf 1,000+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    C-town
    Posts
    1,629
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    If you can print test pages, the issue is most likely coming from the network. There are a few things to try for the 900.00 error:
    -Make sure the print queue is empty.
    -Remove the network cable and reboot with the cable unplugged
    -If it has options (fax, second tray) disconnect them and reboot
    -Under Setup Menu, Print Menu, make sure NPA Mode is set to AUTO and the PS and PCL Smartswitches are set to ON



    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

  9. #9
    Service Manager 100+ Posts
    Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    jcontractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Aguadilla, PR
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by TennWalker View Post
    On the print configuration list, what is the IP Address, Gateway, and Subnet showing? It would be nice to see if you can contact the copier's webpage and/or print using a cross-overcable and your laptop. You will need to statically assign an IP Address on your laptop to match the range listed in the Lexmark to successfully contact the copier.

    Let me know how this goes.

    Ray
    IP: 10.0.195.80
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 10.0.195.1

    Then the system ad change the Gateway to 10.0.195.8

    And nothing happens.

    I didn't know that I can connect the machine directly to net port.
    Or you mean connect the machine directly by USB com?

    I was looking about error 900.00 and mention update firmware but 9 of 10 machine fix was by change the main board or sys board for this machines.


  10. #10
    Service Manager 100+ Posts
    Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    jcontractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Aguadilla, PR
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Lexmark X646 Network Connection Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    If you can print test pages, the issue is most likely coming from the network. There are a few things to try for the 900.00 error:
    -Make sure the print queue is empty.
    -Remove the network cable and reboot with the cable unplugged
    -If it has options (fax, second tray) disconnect them and reboot
    -Under Setup Menu, Print Menu, make sure NPA Mode is set to AUTO and the PS and PCL Smartswitches are set to ON

    Hi, first thanks for your valuable time.
    All setting was correct, all option was disconnected, when I try NVRam reset holding 6,7,8 and turn it on, it returns with 900.00 error with blue screen, no NVRam init was performed by the machine. I read about firmware update or 9 of 10 machine was repaired changing the sys board.

    Your opinion will be appreciated.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here