Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question C734 Bell Crank/Spring

User managed to jam up the front door to where the left bell crank spring came off the crank. Spent a while trying to get it back on with no success and had to send it to a our bench guy who can spend more time on it then I can in the field hopping from client to client. I can see where the spring fits, but could not get it into position. Suspect some weird compressing tool may be required. Anyone have tips on this spring? (This is the bell crank and spring assy at the lower left and right of the door, mounted onto the chassis.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C734 Bell Crank/Spring

Lightbulb Re: C734 Bell Crank/Spring

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Technician

Re: C734 Bell Crank/Spring

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com
    I'm sure you mean well trying to promote your business, but this isn't the first time I've asked a question only to get that as a response. I have access to all the official Lexmark service manuals, and of course have looked in about this part. It is not described in any way. The part is shown, and the only instruction is removal of the bell crank (which although shows a picture of the spring does not talk about the way to compress it into place, there is no other information in the manual regarding the part; the only instruction was to "remove 'c' clip and remove the bell crank"). As my time is limited in the field, the printer was sent to one of our bench techs who said it took him about 6 hours on the bench to repair that part and some other damage which I hadn't detected, we suspect the user had forced the door open when in the locked position, severely damaging the associated locking components.

Please, in the future when I make an inquiry about a Lexmark issue, refrain from trying to sell me manuals as the "fix." As an authorized service provider I have access to all of the Lexmark manuals directly from their website, and phone support from them (although their tech support is often lacking to put it kindly). Thank you.