Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Lexmark C935 'Service Trabsfer Belt' message' with error '904.06'

Hi all

I attened a Lexmark C935 with 'Service Trabsfer Belt' message' with error '904.06' and found that the transfer belt cage in the printer (which the transfer belt slides into) was slightly warped.

The cage would not sit down properly at the front left side of the printer even with all PCU's and belt removed. Along with this, the locking bar which raises the belt up and down wasnt connecting with the cage lift mechanism properly and the black platic cover that covers the teeth on the left cage arm keeps popping off.

This eventually torn the belt!

Anyway, the customer decided to get a refurbished replacement machine which I tested and delivered and irt was working fine.

Now the customer has the exaxct same problem but the belt is not torn!!!! The belt cage/cradle does not sit correctly and the locking bar teeth are not connecting properly!

I searched online for this and know there is a tech bulletin on this but the only correspondance I found is where I have to log into Lexmark site which I do not have credentials for.

I wonder if this is being caused by the customer opening the locking bar too fast or not putting the PCU's in correctly????

My questions are as follows:

Has anyone encountered this before?
    Can anyone supply the tech bulletin?
    Im sure there is a Xerox version of this printer but unsure which one?

Many thanks all, looking forward to your reply!!

J

Technician

Re: Lexmark C935 'Service Trabsfer Belt' message' with error '904.06'

Quote Originally Posted by jonbonse View Post
    Hi all

My questions are as follows:

Has anyone encountered this before?
    Can anyone supply the tech bulletin?
    Im sure there is a Xerox version of this printer but unsure which one?

Many thanks all, looking forward to your reply!!

J
    Give me a PM.

NickLondon

Quote Originally Posted by ferranmll View Post
    Give me a PM.
    Can you tell me how you got on with this? I have been to look at a C935 with a similar issue, firstly saying the yellow photoconductor was missing then after reseating and restarting it chucked out the transfer belt errors. The cage that it sits in doesn't move very freely either.

Any help would be great,

Thanks
    Nick

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by NickLondon View Post
    Can you tell me how you got on with this? I have been to look at a C935 with a similar issue, firstly saying the yellow photoconductor was missing then after reseating and restarting it chucked out the transfer belt errors. The cage that it sits in doesn't move very freely either.

Any help would be great,

Thanks
    Nick
    Try to reset NVRAM. If the problem persists its possible you must replace engine board.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: Lexmark C935 'Service Trabsfer Belt' message' with error '904.06'

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

NickLondon

Quote Originally Posted by ferranmll View Post
    Try to reset NVRAM. If the problem persists its possible you must replace engine board.
    The problem seems to be with the cage that holds the transfer belt. Like the first post, the teeth on the rod that connects to the bar that you push down are not connecting properly on the right hand side, (it misses the teeth and therefore the cage is not level...) Is this even a part that can be changed as the first poster says the got in a new machine????

Thanks
    Nick