Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Lexmark M5155 New Imaging Unit Unsupported 32.05

Sent a customer a new Imaging unit this week. ( Old one says running low ).. The new one immedaitely threw code 32.05 " imaging unit unsupported" ( Yes, it's genuine Lexmark") Lexmark is sending a warranty new one but wont arrive until Monday. This is a car dealership and will never last until Monday. I work on many different brands, Toshiba, Kyocera, HP, Muratec and more. They all have some type of reset (hidden or not)code for these situations. Is there anything to get this customer through Monday? Lexmark M5155. really need some input if anyone knows..

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar

Re: Lexmark M5155 New Imaging Unit Unsupported 32.05

they have fixed this issue, u have to check the production date on the toner carts for the replace defect toner cart message
    and for the unsupported imaging unit or unsupported fuser message, replace the controller board

not sure if the toner cart will fix the imaging unit also.

had one of these do this (first unsupported toner, then unsupported image unit) replaced both and no go then replaced controller board and no go, then had lexmark replace the entire printer. then about a month later the new printer was doing the same thing , luckily lexmark had figured out by this time and they had bad toner carts out. once i put in a new one the problem went away.

the bad toner are less or equal to CAS12301xxx any number like this or lower are bad the actual date is oct 27 2012

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertoast View Post
    they have fixed this issue, u have to check the production date on the toner carts for the replace defect toner cart message
    and for the unsupported imaging unit or unsupported fuser message, replace the controller board

not sure if the toner cart will fix the imaging unit also.

had one of these do this (first unsupported toner, then unsupported image unit) replaced both and no go then replaced controller board and no go, then had lexmark replace the entire printer. then about a month later the new printer was doing the same thing , luckily lexmark had figured out by this time and they had bad toner carts out. once i put in a new one the problem went away.

the bad toner are less or equal to CAS12301xxx any number like this or lower are bad the actual date is oct 27 2012

The issue also affects the imaging units as well , there is a bulletin about this. It affect all the new XM mfps and printers. Really nice that they dont inform dealers of this until we have a dozen in the field and no toner or drums that work in the machines.
    32 05 New Models.pdf

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

After using our last 2 imaging units in stock without success, I called Lexmark support. They shipped another one and it worked.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Lexmark M5155 New Imaging Unit Unsupported  32.05

Hi,
    Just ran into this problem as well, 5 M5155's in a major law office are about to grind to a holt as they don't recognise the replacement toner cartridges.
    Lexmark tell us that the correct cartridge is a 24B6015 but when you print out the Quality Test page it says its a MS810 and the toner for that model is a 52D3H00. I'm getting a 52D3H00 toner rushed out to the customer at the moment, I'll let you know if it does the trick.

This looks like one almighty stuff up!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Lexmark M5155 New Imaging Unit Unsupported  32.05

The Update,
    Yes, as suspected the M5155 thought it was a MS810 and the 52D3H00 toner worked. According to my Lexmark contact it appears as though a batch of MS810's managed to get upgraded to M5155 specs without getting the correct Configuration Files installed. The correct files are available on the Lexmark site if you want to update the printers to the correct specs. It will be worth doing as there is an price difference between the two cartridges.

No word from Lexmark though about compensation for all the stuffing around we've had.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.