Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Lexmark C925DE Color Banding...unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Good Morning Gentlemen,
    Its not often I visit this corner of CTN but I have a X925 in the workshop thats giving me grief.
    It started with the above problem and a new yellow drum unit solved the problem. Now I can't get the yellow into registration with the other colours. Tried another yellow unit but no difference and there is not enough adjustment in the manual colour registration adjustment to bring it into line.

With the other major brand I usually work with I would access the service programme and adjust the timing for the yellow drum motor but this feature doesn't appear to be available with Lexmark.

Any suggestions?

I tried the Lexmark helpline but after firmware and another drum unit the best they could come up with was try another toner, shesh!!!! I asked them to explain to be how a toner could affect the drum timing but they have yet to get back to me.
    I might not be the fullest toner cartridge here when it comes to Lexmarks, so feel free to ignore this.
    Still, I'd check the color registration sensors to make sure they were clean. Also, the yellow laser, too.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Lexmark C925DE Color Banding...unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I might not be the fullest toner cartridge here when it comes to Lexmarks, so feel free to ignore this.
    Still, I'd check the color registration sensors to make sure they were clean. Also, the yellow laser, too.
    Yes, I've tried to not learn too much about them as well, but this box is taking up space in my workshop and won't go away. I eventually found the rego/ID sensors and gave them a clean but still no change. And as part of my fast learning curve on this disaster I'Ve discovered that they dont have lasers but a LED strip above each drum.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    And as part of my fast learning curve on this disaster I'Ve discovered that they dont have lasers but a LED strip above each drum.
    Whoops, sorry about that!
    On the other hand, this would suggest that there was a problem with the yellow drum drive, especially in the new yellow drum unit that you recently installed. Or, somewhat less likely that the LED assembly is out of position. But I imagine you've already checked those.
    If possible, you might try starting a new post, as it appears that the more experienced Lexmark people have moved on. No need to listen to me bringing up the basics here when it probably won't help.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Lexmark C925DE Color Banding...unreal

Where did they move onto? Canon, Minolta, Ricoh?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

They are probably still on the Lexmark thread.
    It's just that, while I don't have a lot of experience on Lexmarks, I have worked on color machines for a while, and I had a couple of general purpose suggestions that I thought might help.
    As I didn't see any other Lexmark tech replies afterwards it looked like either I need to go away or if you start a new thread they would be more likely to give you the right answer.