Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Lexmark XS734de stuck on black only mode.

Question Lexmark XS734de stuck on black only mode.

I have just acquired a Lexmark XS734de along with several other Lexmark MFP's. All of them are in great working order with the exception of this one particular MFP. I have all the service manuals and I have read all of them trying to get this one MFP to print color again. I understand how the Color Lockout feature works and I know that it is not enabled. All the color supplies are in the machine and in decent shape.

I have performed all the restore factory defaults and made sure all the configurations are as if this machine just left the factory. I updated the firmware and everything is up to date. After the firmware update and several copies later, the MFP threw a 900 firmware error and then the HDD crashed. After the HDD reformatted, the MFP came back up to a running state and you guessed it, it still says that it is in black only mode.

I am at a loss and I'm pretty sure I don't want to sell the MFP as if it is a black and white MFP when it is capable of being a color MFP. I'm also pretty sure that I do not want to replace the Formatter board, control panel or what ever else the NVRAM resides itself on.

I am at a loss and do not know what I am missing. Anyone out there have any insight on this?
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    CompTia Server+ Certified
    CompTia Project+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Lexmark XS734de stuck on black only mode.

Lightbulb Re: Lexmark XS734de stuck on black only mode.

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Re: Lexmark XS734de stuck on black only mode.

You can always call Lexmark.. They do provide support.. But it does sounds like the Controler board is failing...