Thread: Lexmark XS748de

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Lexmark XS748de

Lexmark XS748de

Lexmark XS748de

Don't know this machine which is out of my region and therefore had not yet an opportunity to see myself.

Customer complains about a wide "red" smudgy line on the print. So likely is the magenta drum unit / cleaning blade defective. Question: Does this machine has drumunits with developer in it or is it just a plain drum? In the Internet there are sets with 4 pcs drums but also a single drum without indication of the colour. So what to get?

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Re: Lexmark XS748de

selam
    kırmızı temizleme bıçak çıkart
    soğuk suyla yıkamak yap
    geri topla
    düzelecek.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Jaycat718's Avatar

I've changed a few kits on these. The drums do not come color coded. They come in a pack of four, or single. just pick one out and replace as needed! The Developer is mixed with the toner.

C734X20G Photoconductor Unit (1)
    C734X24G Photoconductor Unit, 4-Pack
    24B5805 Magenta High Yield Toner Cartridge

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Lexmark XS748de

Thanks!

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Technician

Hans,
    It has been my experience that since the drums are interchangeable I believe on this model, try moving the drum that's leaving this line to another spot, if the issue follows the drum, then it's the drum, if it doesn't it may be the toner cartridge. I have run into the toner cartridge being the problem, removed the cleaning blade on the toner cartridge with two phillips head screws in the center, kind of small, and two torx screws on the ends. I first used an orange toner cloth to wipe the area from the toner on the roller, followed by a white wiping cloth with alcohol to wipe away the alien substance from the toner cylinder, then roll the cylinder with your finger covered by the wiping cloth so as to not touch the cylinder. I'm sure it would leave your finger print. Be careful when you remove the toner cleaning blade because inside the toner cartridge is an aggitator that flicks toner at the drum inside the unit and will cover you with toner if you keep turning the toner cylinder. The cleanest bet would be to get a new toner cartridge. Just some direction for you if it's helpful.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Lexmark XS748de

Quote Originally Posted by benalvarez View Post
    Hans, .... The cleanest bet would be to get a new toner cartridge. Just some direction for you if it's helpful.
    Usually it's happening in the toner cartridge. A lot like the little Samsung color units, it has a soft mag roller with a soft doctor blade. Any foreign matter under that doctor blade will lift it up allowing too much toner in that area. I've disassembled a few of the Samsung variety, and have had no luck improving the toner brush by cleaning and vacuuming. You're best bet is to swap in a new cartridge, and don't waste any time fiddling with the old one, like I did. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=