MFP Tech & I.T. Manager 100+ Posts MFPs R Now PCs's Avatar

Question Lexmark Aftermarket Toners

We have tried using a few of the aftermarket toners approved by our Lexmark representatives themselves in Lexmark equipment. We will get the error "Unsupported Cartridge" right upon installation of these toners and the OEM cartridge works fine right after that.

What BRANDS and/or Companies of aftermarket toner have you guys had good luck with and gotten to work on Lexmark equipment, reliably?
    It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. –Confucius

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Re: Lexmark Aftermarket Toners

Seriously I haven't; I get 2 maybe three work great then ill get one that squeaks, leaks or has crap prints and ruins my charge roller; Pisses me off.
    Lexmark cant even do it, think about that!
    Izzy

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Lexmark Aftermarket Toners

after market toners aren't very well liked here, and quite a few members won't support using the crap either................................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

MFP Tech & I.T. Manager 100+ Posts MFPs R Now PCs's Avatar

Unhappy Re: Lexmark Aftermarket Toners

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    after market toners aren't very well liked here, and quite a few members won't support using the crap either................................
    Yes, PLEASE DO NOT PUNISH ME FOR POSTING THIS QUESTION as I WHOLE HEARTEDLY Agree! Unfortunately, Lexmark has super expensive toner (when comparing the total price of 1 high-yield cartridge; not the CPC itself) so the head-honcho/big-cheese put me up to seeing what you fine fellows and ladies had to say. Long story short, I'm am not at all surprised to see this reaction. Thank you for your support though!
    It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. –Confucius

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Jaycat718's Avatar

Honestly? My $.02. When it comes to anything Lexmark... Go with OEM everything. These machines are easily damaged just by pressing the screen too hard. Yes, the cartridges are expensive. When dealing with Lexmark, or Samsung; just use OEM parts. They will save your dealearship the headache.

Heck i just finished with a Samsung CLX 9301, whose waste toner bottle was full. Upon emptying the bottle, the machine was still stating that the bottle was full. The customer did not want to pay full price for a bottle. So they went on amazon, and found an "aftermarket bottle". Needless to say, in the end; we ended up putting in an OEM waste toner bottle in order to get the machine back up. An entire week with the machine down. they payed twice the money for trying to save $10 bucks.