Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

T650 Thumping noise- MPF lift plate assembly moving up and down during print jobs.

Thumping noise- MPF lift plate assembly moving up and down during print jobs. This started for no apparent reason. I TURNED OFF enhanced envelope feed, per a Lexmark bulletin but it's still happening. Machine seems to operate fine but customer is annoyed by the loud thumping! If you open the manual feed door, you can see the plate moving up and down. I put a paper feed roller inside as a wedge to keep the plate in the down position. Has anyone seen this before??
    Thanks for your time!!

Re: T650 Thumping noise- MPF lift plate assembly moving up and down during print jobs

1. Quote Originally Posted by krazeekidz3 View Post
      Thumping noise- MPF lift plate assembly moving up and down during print jobs. This started for no apparent reason. I TURNED OFF enhanced envelope feed, per a Lexmark bulletin but it's still happening. Machine seems to operate fine but customer is annoyed by the loud thumping! If you open the manual feed door, you can see the plate moving up and down. I put a paper feed roller inside as a wedge to keep the plate in the down position. Has anyone seen this before??
    Quote Originally Posted by krazeekidz3 View Post
    Thanks for your time!!
    Move had this loads of times, the lift plate assy needs replacing. Usually the pad has fallen off the lift plate which acts as a silence hence the thumping noise b