Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

M3150 Almost dead.

Hi All.
    I have a Lexmark M3150 which for the most part is dead. This isn't the first time this machine has been on my bench with this problem. Earlier in the year I was called out because it was dead. You can hear a relay switch and a green led lights up on the controller board. The fan twitches, but that's all you get. There is no life on the control panel at all. The last time we replaced the PSU, but this didn't immediately fix the fault. The machine was in the same state as before. After removing all the plugs from the Controller board one by one and reseating them, it suddenly came to life. I was about to order a controller board at this point, but as it was working we decided to test it for a few days and return it to the customer. It was fine all term long at the school and when they returned and fired it up again this term.... same issue.
    I am pretty certain that there is no issue with PSU. I've unplugged everything, only leaving power supply and control panel intact, but this sucker won't budge. We're going to order a controller board tomorrow, but I wanted to know if any of you have had any issues like this before?
    Many thanks in advance

Re: M3150 Almost dead.

I assume you ordered the controller board since this post is 3 years old.
    Did that fix this issue?? I have same issue on same model. Swapped PSU to no avail.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

The UN conducted a worldwide survey.
    The only question asked was: "Would you please give your honest opinion about solutions to the food shortage in the rest of the world?" The survey was a huge failure... In Africa they didn't know what "food" meant. In Eastern Europe they didn't know what "honest" meant. In Western Europe they didn't know what "shortage" meant. In China they didn't know what "opinion" meant. In the Middle East they didn't know what "solution" meant. In South America they didn't know what "please" meant. And in the USA they didn't know what "the rest of the world" meant.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    The UN conducted a worldwide survey.
    The only question asked was: "Would you please give your honest opinion about solutions to the food shortage in the rest of the world?" The survey was a huge failure... In Africa they didn't know what "food" meant. In Eastern Europe they didn't know what "honest" meant. In Western Europe they didn't know what "shortage" meant. In China they didn't know what "opinion" meant. In the Middle East they didn't know what "solution" meant. In South America they didn't know what "please" meant. And in the USA they didn't know what "the rest of the world" meant.

never noticed til too late, somehow this got posted in wrong place
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking