- Real Name:
- United States
- us california
- Where are you from (City, State):
- Livermore, California
- I started with Xerox Corporation in 1986 as a know nothing entry level technician being trained on the mid-volume 1045 product line.
It turns out that my manager was also the one who was launching the 4045 Laser Printer. Because of manpower, he could not afford to lose a trained tech, and so he offered me the launch position.
From there, it all changed.
After a successful launch and supporting a territory of 500 machines, I was promoted to Launch Technical Specialist to support the launch of the 5775 Color Laser Printing System.
The 5775 was an interesting machine, especially the "Turtle".
After that I was assigned to support the pre-alpha development of the Fortress project which became the 4235.
Eventually I returned to the field.
I have serviced high volume, low volume, mid volume, printers, faxes, in essence, if it throws ink on paper, I have serviced it, or something just like it.
Going forward, I am studying to become certified as a Hybrid Technician.
- Me. I'm a Family Man. 100%. On the side I have a picture postcard company I started.
- Field Service Technician
- What Year Did You Start in this Industry:
- Favorite Manufacturer:
- Which ever one can get me my parts
- Most Hated Brand:
- Canon CLC 500
- What was the first machine you worked on:
- Xerox 1045
- Last machine you were formally trained on:
- Toshiba Color
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 1 Week Ago
- Join Date