Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts glenbennett's Avatar

Muratec 2850 error code 12

Hello
    I am a service tech and I was hoping that you might walk me through clearing and or fixing the error code "service call ;12" how do I get into service mode to clear and what does that code mean?

Thank You
    Glen

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Muratec 2850 error code 12

just type the title of your post into the google search box and you will find that there is an actual muratec forum hosting that you can get your answers.
    I looked at it briefly and it pointed to a dev and drum change at the same time. I don't work on these machine but was curious of what this machine looks like.

Also there was a previous post about your problem on this forum with some answers. do a search for

Muratec MFX-2850
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

code 12 is an ATDC failure which means either someone changed the drum and dv without doing the Dev Life/New Drum reset modes, or the Drum and Developer need to be replaced and must be replaced at the same time. This machine is just like bizhub 250/350 with different UI and ADF on it..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts glenbennett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CompyTech View Post
    code 12 is an ATDC failure which means either someone changed the drum and dv without doing the Dev Life/New Drum reset modes, or the Drum and Developer need to be replaced and must be replaced at the same time. This machine is just like bizhub 250/350 with different UI and ADF on it..

Thank you I now have the developer do I just put the developer in an turn machine off and it should reset? is that right?
    Glen

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glenbennett View Post
    Thank you I now have the developer do I just put the developer in an turn machine off and it should reset? is that right?
    Glen
    No, before you pull the drum/dev unit you must clear the drum life by touching "setting*40". then select "yes" to clear drum life. Once you have vaccumed out the old dev and replaced with fresh DV310 powder and reassembled the unit you can put it back in the machine and touch "setting*41" to charge the new dev powder. It will take approx 2-3 minutes to charge.
    Last edited by richmods; 03-07-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: clarification