Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Muratec MF c2700 image issues

I am having these sporadic issues with this MFP. It seems if I readjust the flat cables attached to the laser LED's the problem stops for a few weeks. Should I replace the flat cables? Or is there another issue? Its an MFX-C2700.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts faxgoddess's Avatar

Re: Muratec MF c2700 image issues

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I am having these sporadic issues with this MFP. It seems if I readjust the flat cables attached to the laser LED's the problem stops for a few weeks. Should I replace the flat cables? Or is there another issue? Its an MFX-C2700.
    Is the machine sitting on a flat surface? You shouldn't have to adjust the print-head cables constantly.
    If you make a copy and pull the transfer belt out before it images to the paper are you getting the same image written to the belt? Does it happen only on black, or is it any color?

Meg
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
    --Vince Lombardi

I've seen lots of weird laser/ribbon issues but never really seen that dragging effect caused by one.

And if I'm not mistaken, a laser issue would be left-to right not top-to-bottom

Looks like something isn't turning. Drum, drum drive, transfer belt...

It has happened so far on yellow and black images only, but not simultaneously, at first it was just the yellow, then received a call a week later and it was happening on just the black. I had the customer make sure the flat cable were flat and not kinked in any way and also made sure the cable was seated properly in the LED. I'm also pretty sure it's sitting level, but I didn't put a level to it, I haven't heard back from them since.

I was thinking the same thing JR2ALTA but am not 100% percent sure because it is only happening to just a single color even on color prints, so far; but will definitely look for something in these areas... I'm kinda puzzled.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts faxgoddess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    It has happened so far on yellow and black images only, but not simultaneously, at first it was just the yellow, then received a call a week later and it was happening on just the black. I had the customer make sure the flat cable were flat and not kinked in any way and also made sure the cable was seated properly in the LED. I'm also pretty sure it's sitting level, but I didn't put a level to it, I haven't heard back from them since.

I was thinking the same thing JR2ALTA but am not 100% percent sure because it is only happening to just a single color even on color prints, so far; but will definitely look for something in these areas... I'm kinda puzzled.
    I'd kind of be careful with having the customer look at the cables. I've seen people inadvertently hit one of the print heads when swapping supplies (but the cover likely wasn't open all the way) and damage the board.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
    --Vince Lombardi