Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ahkloan

Exclamation 1045 Repair in Dallas Tx

I am looking for someone in the Dallas Texas area that can repair a Ricoh 1045. It has thrown a code and will not continue working without servicing. If you know anyone who does this on the side or even a professional repair company that can repair inexpensively that would be great. I have learned some things about my copier since being on here. TIA

Nick

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Sales and Service Locations for Ricoh USA

Try here for dealers in your area.

ahkloan
    Thanks for posting the link. I was wanting to see if there were any guys who work on the side maybe on the weekends or something to make some extra money. I will check with some dealers and see what kind of prices i can get.

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    If you post the code, we may be able to at least let you know how deep you might be getting into with service.

Some codes aren't too big of a deal, and may only require a one hour visit from a tech.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

ahkloan
    OK let me go turnit back on and see what the code is and see if its an easy thing that i can do or really needs repair guyout here. i have in the past replaced the drum and developer thing and all the brushes

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ahkloan View Post
    OK let me go turnit back on and see what the code is and see if its an easy thing that i can do or really needs repair guyout here. i have in the past replaced the drum and developer thing and all the brushes
    Yo mf/ interested to know what brushes you've replaced. Let us know and we might be able to help you

ahkloan
    well now its not throwing a code but dumping toner like crazy. the green drum thing has toner all over it and leaving a black stripe down one side of prints. ill see if i can find the kit that i replaced last year. it came with everything to replace the drum in a kit with gloves and extra cleaner

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

Thumbs down

well now its not throwing a code but dumping toner like crazy. the green drum thing has toner all over it and leaving a black stripe down one side of prints. ill see if i can find the kit that i replaced last year. it came with everything to replace the drum in a kit with gloves and extra cleaner
    Really, seriously stop being a tight fisted tw@t and get yo cheque book out and pay a professional to service the machine, somebody who actually knows what a ' green drum thang' is
    Last edited by aabarnes1; 05-08-2009 at 11:51 PM.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar

Thumbs down

This is the reason we are not respected and our job is not included as a trade. A "pair of gloves and a green thing" and everybody will fix a copier.
    Every day I hear the same story "I'm working with a copier since I was a kid...don't teach ME!!"...and every day people brake "things" in copiers and they don't give a s....

Friendly Advice: Don't get your hands dirty with toner and dev and don't inhale the "unknown" content existent inside those bottles. Let a "toner turd" who will anyway die young and unknown to do it.

BIGBOY
    WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU,, go post something on white trash.com/shemales/