Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    I don't know of anyone in Dallas specifically, but remember that any company that is under the Ricoh "umbrella" such as a Savin, Lanier, or Gestetner dealer can competently service the machine, as they all had the same training. Now, not all techs are factory trained, but this box has been around for quite a few years, so you'll be hard pressed to find a tech that is not familiar with the machine. I'm sure that any of us on this thread could get the machine cleaned up.

It probably does need a PM kit, or at least a thorough cleaning.

Just doing a google search, I found DFWcopiers.com, who service Ricoh, Bimaginginc.com that service Savin, and asapcopyproducts.com which service Gestetner.

I do not know of their reputations, but it looks like bimaginginc & asapcopyproducts are dealers, so they'll have some good support for parts and supplies. I would start there and see what their rates are to get your machine up and running.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

ahkloan
    Thanks guys I will defintely look those guys up since they are listed as a dealer. I was just wanting to see if there was anyone on the thread that was from the area and I would give them the business first.

Service Manager 250+ Posts hodgiepodgie's Avatar

ok

Ok lets get back to why we are here im here to help and get help. Sir tell us of any codes is number one second sounds as though whom ever worked on your unit was not a qualified tech my guess is you are getting a 350 code (i.d)sensor , its probably saturated with toner.any way your gonna have to get a qulified tech on it.should be plenty of techs in dallas as i was there last year good luck

ahkloan
    Is there a certain tech code that would printup all the codes or whats wrong with it? I had a tech show me how on our canon and muratec machines but never on the ricoh

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    Well said Paulg!!

Private Jobs are and have been for some time a fools errand.

Most Engineers will avoid them like the plague since they will, as you mentioned result in either an inferior repair due to insufficient parts, inferior parts, or complaint if ANY problem, including those unrelated to the original one should occur within a few weeks of the call.

I for one would not risk a career and reputation of 30 years on this kind of entrprise.

It seems this machine is a good example as it sounds like for whatever reason the dev is so overtoned that it requires replacement. Better to get an expert with backup to fix the machine once and for all!

I think both Wishbone and Stephend have the right idea!!!!! (Mmmmmm.... Beer!!!)
    No honest...tcs04 you are right.
    Look at us...Today I drove over 200 km... I did 6 calls on mid volume machines...I came home...and now I'm on this forum trying to help like many of you guys....and suddenly buuum a post like the original one in this thread. Of course I have a beer in front of me...
    I have tons of customers like this...They make millions, they drive BMW or Benz but when it's time to replace their copier or to service it properly...no can do...let's save a dime.
    I joined the forum recently, until now I was stuck on our TSC site and changing opinions with other tech in the branch, but this forum it's addictive and are a lot of great people here.
    Cheers

ahkloan
    Man I wish i made millions and drove a BMW, I'm probably like most of you living paycheck to paycheck. i am in the mortgage business and my pipeline is very small at the moment because I am disabled and is very tough to get out and go get loans. And every loan officer i hire now days wants the loans to come to them and not work. i'm not looking for sympathy I got in this business to help people achieve a dream and not just for the money like all the guys who are now back selling cars or teaching.

I like posting on forums because some of them give some very good advice on what to do and how to do it. Most of the forums have their trolls who come out every once in awhile and cause trouble and post stupid things in posts but for the most part people like to help others. I was definitely not trying to cut corners and fix it on the cheap so i can buy gas for my boat this weekend. Its either fix it or continue printing everything out on a HP 3015 multi-function printer and going through toner every 3-4 days.

Thanks to all the guys who have previously posted with advice, but is there a combo of buttons i can do to tell me what will ned to be serviced and i can post and see what you guys think? Thanks for your time.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ahkloan View Post
    Man I wish i made millions and drove a BMW, I'm probably like most of you living paycheck to paycheck. i am in the mortgage business and my pipeline is very small at the moment because I am disabled and is very tough to get out and go get loans. And every loan officer i hire now days wants the loans to come to them and not work. i'm not looking for sympathy I got in this business to help people achieve a dream and not just for the money like all the guys who are now back selling cars or teaching.

I like posting on forums because some of them give some very good advice on what to do and how to do it. Most of the forums have their trolls who come out every once in awhile and cause trouble and post stupid things in posts but for the most part people like to help others. I was definitely not trying to cut corners and fix it on the cheap so i can buy gas for my boat this weekend. Its either fix it or continue printing everything out on a HP 3015 multi-function printer and going through toner every 3-4 days.

Thanks to all the guys who have previously posted with advice, but is there a combo of buttons i can do to tell me what will ned to be serviced and i can post and see what you guys think? Thanks for your time.
    My post was not a direct attack against you or the problem you have. Believe me...all of us want to help...but the most important thing in this business is to be in front of the machine and visualize what is going on.
    Your machine is a piece of cake to fix it...if you have the parts you need.
    In the entire post I didn't find the code that cause problems...Causes for dumping dev & toner could be multiple starting with a defective toner hopper and so ending with wrong voltages (those could be fixed with a touch of buttons).
    If you want the machine SM or Part Cat send me a PM and I will email them to you. Good luck.

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar
    Ricoh has a direct service organization in the D/FW area (Plano and Coppell). Also ASI Business Solutions has a good service department as well.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt