Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Muratec MFX 2850 paper jamming issue

This machine continues to say paper jam in machine open cover C1. Sometimes the paper is there, sometimes it isn't. If I do single copies from the glass, sometimes the copy comes all the way out of the finisher and the machine says paper jam, open C1. Of course there is nothing there because the copy came out. Other times it gets ready to feed paper and it errors out without even picking up the paper, open C1. I've cleaned the registration and fuser exit sensors. I've removed the finisher. All trays do the same thing. It may run a half a dozen before erroring out, or it will error four times in a row with the paper in a different position inside C1. What is going on? Is there an error log I can access to see what is tripping off. I've got the manual but can't find an error log. Help!
    Roy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Muratec MFX 2850 paper jamming issue

Probably the fuser exit sensor. it is either knocked out of position or when the machine runs it gets hot and starts flaking out.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Muratec MFX 2850 paper jamming issue

Lightbulb Re: Muratec MFX 2850 paper jamming issue

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I failed to mention the drum unit is scraped bare on the rear side and is leaving three to four charge lines across the image. Could it be arcing out? Causing all these weird symptoms?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Tomorrow I'm going equipped with a new drum and fuser exit sensor. I'm also bringing the complete transfer section containing the registration sensor. If it ain't any of these, I give up.
    Roy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Does your machine have a duplex installed? The sensor in the reversing (turnover) unit can fail also.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Muratec MFX 2850 paper jamming issue

been there and done over thirty times. its a random problem with jamming and always comes back to the same part on the mfx-2850 and the mfx-2830 series. the part is called a clutch, muratec part # is DA14238060. this part is mounted on the shaft with the feed tire and pickup tire. it is a white hub with one way bearings in it. you can try to clean but it will fail again. clean shaft with scotch brite pad and clean new clutch. you will need to use 2 per feed unit. it will make you copier take off and no more jams. as an added measure, check the nylon catch for the cassette (it should be black for new style). also tray 1 should have a small metal plate on rear of tray where switch touches top of tray. you can use a dime on the plate as a spacer, just remember that new spacer has a 100% MARKUP TO THE CUSTOMER

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I threw it out and replaced it with an HP 4345mfp. I had never been so frustrated in my life.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

that is a good hp! it is a shame, that copier is so easy and all my customers love the ease of print and color scan to folder/pc. if you still have it, you might want to fix it. it is a good money maker. thanks