Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    System Engineer 100+ Posts

Bizhub 25 same as a muratec 25 something? Not detecting new toner cartrdige

Bizhub 25 same as a muratec 25 something? Not detecting new toner cartrdige, the machine is new, any ideas? Did a sensor check and TS1 has values changing, TS2 does not have any values changing. What is normal?

Re: Bizhub 25 same as a muratec 25 something? Not detecting new toner cartrdige

haha...ok here goes....
    Pull out the toner cartridge. On the back there is a fuse that has two copper pins coming out of it. Pry these up slightly and install a paper clip between the two of them to jump the fuse. With the machine still on re install toner cartridge. After a few seconds you should get an error. Turn the machine off, pull out the toner, remove the paper clip and reinstall the toner cartridge power on the copier and it should reset the toner for ya. Hope this helps!
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KyoceraChris's Avatar

or if you have a pico fuse handy...
    you gunna eat yo corn bread?!?

Service Manager 100+ Posts

Smellshot is right, I had the same problem before. paper clip is the simple and workable

System Engineer 100+ Posts

Tried all of that and same result. Put new main board and now recognizes toner. Thanks for the feedback!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts faxgoddess's Avatar

You can also go in through Setting, *, 2, 0 and change the toner life counter (increment by 1), the pages printed after low toner warning, the number of pages printed on the toner cartridge.

faxgoddess? if your a female , your the seccond tech i have ever encountered in this field

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub 25 same as a muratec 25 something? Not detecting new toner cartrdige

Quote Originally Posted by KyoceraChris View Post
    faxgoddess? if your a female , your the seccond tech i have ever encountered in this field
    Irregardless of the fact that she's female or not, I've encountered far more than two techs in this field. Or you should rephrase your sentence.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Maybe its just Florida... I never run into any techs in the field even at large accounts with multiable manufactures machines present

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts faxgoddess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyoceraChris View Post
    Maybe its just Florida... I never run into any techs in the field even at large accounts with multiable manufactures machines present
    Were you able to do a "Setting, *, 2, 0" to reset your toner count? It would take you into a page that had several different fields, including number of pages after toner caution, etc.

(BTW, Yes, I am a female technician.)
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
    --Vince Lombardi