Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

Requesting information on the Muratec Lineup

I would like to know how the technicians that are servicing the Muratec line of copiers and fax machines like the equipment.
    I am considering taking on some of these machines and would appreciate any information that you could give me.

thanks
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Re: Requesting information on the Muratec Lineup

Mostly carry the desktop lineup. There bigger ones are actually relabled Konica's. Konica ended up trading there mid range B&W and color in exchange for Muratecs desktop line. We've sold em for four years with no real issues. Tech support is quick and very helpful!
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

thanks SmellsHot,

what can you tell me about the reliability of the desk top machines?
    particularly I am looking at the 2700 colour model and the 2570 black and white.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I service Muratec as well. Their "Atlanta" series of desktop machines are great and very reliable. These are the only "true" Muratecs, everything else is a re-label of another manufacturer.
    Their color machines before this year were Samsung or Okidata (the 2700 mentioned is an Okidata re-label), now they are Konica's (much better)

The Okidata models use a lot of supplies (drum, toner, tx belt, fuser)on your 2700 it's like $100 for a toner that only yields about 5,000 pages, and drums don't last either.

The B&W models are a kind of Konica cross-breed - Konica main frame with Muratec ADF on it Pretty reliable.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: Requesting information on the Muratec Lineup

I've got their full lineup of service manuals but I sell very few of them. Same thing with Okidata.

HtH

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts DallasTech's Avatar

I've worked on mostly Muratec's since I've entered this business. The true Muratec products are pretty good. Their support is always free and the fastest to get a hold of. They know the machines very well and almost always can solve a problem in one call. I've personally installed over a 200+ Muratecs and worked on hundreds more.

One thing to be careful of, when selling any machine that uses "OfficeBridge", be sure to get the PCL option if they will be using it with terminal services or with a Mac. Their color machines are rebadged Konica's, except the C3400, which I would recommend staying away from if at all possible (Oki print engine, Muratec scanner/software).

We mostly sell the desktop faxes to the MFX-2855 size copiers, we have never had complaints and a lot of customers really like the machines once they start using them.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me, I'd be happy to help.

Also, if you need any Muratec service manuals, pm me... I'm not going to charge for them, because this is a forum and we are trying to help each, not make money off each other...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DallasTech View Post
    I've worked on mostly Muratec's since I've entered this business. The true Muratec products are pretty good. Their support is always free and the fastest to get a hold of. They know the machines very well and almost always can solve a problem in one call. I've personally installed over a 200+ Muratecs and worked on hundreds more.

One thing to be careful of, when selling any machine that uses "OfficeBridge", be sure to get the PCL option if they will be using it with terminal services or with a Mac. Their color machines are rebadged Konica's, except the C3400, which I would recommend staying away from if at all possible (Oki print engine, Muratec scanner/software).

We mostly sell the desktop faxes to the MFX-2855 size copiers, we have never had complaints and a lot of customers really like the machines once they start using them.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me, I'd be happy to help.

Also, if you need any Muratec service manuals, pm me... I'm not going to charge for them, because this is a forum and we are trying to help each, not make money off each other...
    If it wasn't for the money I spend here advertising my site, this site wouldn't be here. My advertising keeps this site free for everyone to use. In addition to the money I spend advertising, I also donate monthly. Furthermore, I give away a lot of manuals here to the people who help out a lot.

Paul@justmanuals.com

thanks for the information, much appreciated.
    I am trained in Toshiba, Ricoh and Konica Minolta.
    I have worked on the other brands over the years and found the good, the bad and the ugly.
    I am looking at a dealer ship with Muratec.