Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Any tips on how to get Exactly the same colour three weeks later on a KM C8000?

note: we're using efi fiery's command workstation 5

We have a client who is quite picky about a particular green on their finished produt, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to match the original proof they gave us.
    I start after a calibration, nowhere Near the desired colour, and since then I've been incrementally adjusting the gamma offset of the yellow and cyan on the touchscreen. I've 'bypassed colour conversion' in expert settings, which got us a Little closer to where we wanted to be, but still no cigar.

Is there anything else on command workstatiion I can be changing.

Cheers

wrong section, sorry
    Last edited by AB1984; 02-22-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: wrong section, sorry

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KyoceraChris's Avatar

Re: Any tips on how to get Exactly the same colour three weeks later on a KM C8000?

Most of the time when it comes to color issues in your case , the fiery needs calibration. In the Konica world from where I've used fiery controllers that's the best solution. There is a Kodak calibration chart for the fiery and a tool to match colors on the computer screen.. You may want to consult a fiery forum or call there support line..
    you gunna eat yo corn bread?!?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Re: Any tips on how to get Exactly the same colour three weeks later on a KM C8000?

Since you are using a Fiery, print out the pantone charts and fine a color that is the closest match then have them use that pantone color on their original. I've done that in the past with great success.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

mjarbar
    We have also had the same problem with colours matching the customer requirements. In the end we found it wasn't the colour set up but the type of paper that was set up in CW5. You will have to reset your colour setup, then try the paper. We found this made a big difference in colour repro.

Good luck.

kzeng

This is an old post, so maybe this is moot now, but have you done your calibration on a specific stock with the correct settings each time? I am assuming that you calibrated before the original job was created...?