Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kzeng

Muratec 1450 folder shortcuts via web interface

Hi!
    I have a large installation at a bank which owns several Muratec models - from 1430 to 2550. Their 1450s will not let them enter and save folder shortcuts using the web interface - when you try to save the path, it just pops you back to the entry page. We initially thought this was a glitch due to a slash in their user password, but not so much.....They can do this at the panel of the machine, but the HelpDesk is off site, and it is hard for them to be on site to set these up all the time. See below for a more thorough description, including what we have tried....i have also upgraded firmware. The funny thing is that their 1430/2550s work just fine!!
    Thanks for any tips....

I have tried both IE10 and Firefox 23 and did not have success with either browser. We also tried from a Windows 7 machine running IE9.

I did test the web interface using a network account that did not have a slash in the password and that still does not work. As soon as you press save, the browse field populates with workgroup names but you cannot actually browse to anything. We have also tried using IP and hostname, neither work.

Essentially, we have 3 issues which may be related to each other:

1. The web interface does not work for us. We have to enter new folders in at the device (and sometimes this doesn’t work either… see #3).
    2. At the device, we have to use / slashes instead of \ slashes. This is not a big issue, just something we have to remember since no other device requires us to use / slashes that we are aware of. However, this may be related to #3 as well.
    3. At the device, our normal network account does not always work and it appears to be related to the / slash in the password as far as I can tell. It is almost like the device converts the / slash to a \ slash sometimes… the address field shows \ slash in the web interface even though you type a / slash on the device.

Re: Muratec 1450 folder shortcuts via web interface

Call tech support. They will hook you up!
    They have step by step instructions. And you don't even have to sit on hold for very long
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Muratec 1450 folder shortcuts via web interface

Lightbulb Re: Muratec 1450 folder shortcuts via web interface

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com