Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Turning off Access Control

Hello fellow techs! I don't work on Muratec but we have a machine from a customer that needs to be returned to the leasing company. It currently requires a PIN to log in, which I have, but I can't find any place where you disable access control. I do see a menu about it in the Admin section but it's grayed out and I can't select it. I tried doing a factory reset from the web browser page and it didn't get rid of the codes. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Turning off Access Control

As a follow up to this: If I press the Access Control button under System Setup it says: "Cannot modify when using Job Accounting."
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts faxgoddess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    Hello fellow techs! I don't work on Muratec but we have a machine from a customer that needs to be returned to the leasing company. It currently requires a PIN to log in, which I have, but I can't find any place where you disable access control. I do see a menu about it in the Admin section but it's grayed out and I can't select it. I tried doing a factory reset from the web browser page and it didn't get rid of the codes. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.
    What model machine are you working on?
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
    --Vince Lombardi

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I can't believe I forgot to post that! Would probably help to know. It's a mfx-c3400.

I can't believe I forgot to post that! Would probably help to know. It's a mfx-c3400.
    Thanks! I'll get you the answer to this in just a second...I have to hunt down my notes on it.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
    --Vince Lombardi

To disable the accounting, press Setup, *, #, *, *, 7, 7.
    Press the right arrow key until you see "Admin setup".
    Enter your admin password (6-a's) and press Enter.
    Press the Management, then press System Set up.
    Press Access Control. Press Disable and then Enter. The LCD will flash "Pin Mode became disabled".

This will delete the PIN mode.
    --Vince Lombardi

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Well I tried those steps and was able to get into service mode with no problems but I still get the same thing. The Access Control button under System Setup is grayed out and if I press it it says: "Cannot modify when using Job Accounting." Thanks for trying goddess I appreciate the help, but the machine is being shipped out today so I'm out of time. If you ever need any Toshiba or Samsung info drop me a line!

Well I tried those steps and was able to get into service mode with no problems but I still get the same thing. The Access Control button under System Setup is grayed out and if I press it it says: "Cannot modify when using Job Accounting." Thanks for trying goddess I appreciate the help, but the machine is being shipped out today so I'm out of time. If you ever need any Toshiba or Samsung info drop me a line!
    The only other thing you can do is an all ram clear: Setup, *, 0, 3, Enter.

It wipes ALL of your user settings to factory defaults.
    --Vince Lombardi