Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    bob.smith

Greetings, everyone!

Greetings from the Gateway City!

I guess that I should start by stating that I'm a bit of an outsider to this forum and the copier repair industry in general - I am more "end user" than "tech". Primarily, I tinker (and more often than not) succeed with repairing a fleet of HP printers and MFP units (mainly, LJ 8150, LJ 9000 MFP, and CLJ 9500 MFP) at the company I work for. I used to hire all of the maintenance and repair out to real techs years ago, but HP changed its service center requirements - this caused the closure of all of the good authorized HP service centers in the area. The one remaining center admitted that they weren't trained on the equipment we have! At that point, I started teaching myself how to maintain and repair the equipment myself.

At home, I have a K-M Bizhub 250 (this machine in a residential environment is like hanging a picture with a sledgehammer!).

In a previous life, I was a tech at Kodak. I worked on Kodak 8650, 8660, 6800, and ML 500 dye sublimation photo printers (the 6800 was the model that was in all of the Kodak Picture Maker kiosks in places like Target stores).

I sincerely doubt that I will be able to add anything useful to this substantial knowledge base, but I may surprise myself!

Best regards!

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar
    Welcome to Copytechnet.com, the best Copier, Printer, MFP tech site on the internet!
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!